• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Westgate Clarinets and Bassoons Now Available

Westgate Clarinets and Bassoons Now Available

Complete your woodwind sample set with the Clarinets and Bassoons Modules from Westgate Studios!

These libraries feature 24 bit samples for Gigastudio 3 and Kontakt 2.
    On the Clarinets DVD you will find a comprehensive set of patches for Eb Clarinet, Bb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet and Contrabass Clarinet.
    The Bassoons DVD features Solo Bassoon, Contrabassoon and Bassoon Section.
    If you are looking to breath new life and stunning realism into your music, then the Modular Series libraries are for you.

One important feature of these libraries is the Legato playing style. These patches contain not only expressive long notes, but also true legato interval samples that were recorded as the musicians played every note up and down from 1 half-step all the way up to a full octave. And you don’t have to load any special tools to control them because the Legato effect is powered by Gigastudio’s imidi rules and Kontakt’s scripting engine.
    Within this same instrument you can vary the Attack Strength of each note, control the use of Release Samples, and play Same-Note Legato Repetitions in any rhythm or tempo.
    With any other library you’d find your midi channels and tracks quickly filling up, but our focus was to pack as many features into each instrument while still keeping them easy to use.

Along with these highlights you’ll also find everything you’ve come to expect from the Modular Series:
    Up to 4 variations of Staccato and Marcato articulations, changing dynamics such as Crescendo, Diminuendo, and Fortepiano. You'll also find special playing styles such as Trills, Octave Runs and Multiphonics.

Whether you are a power user or a hobbyist, the feature lists and price of these modules are enough to make any serious musician want to add these exquisite sounding instruments to their arsenal.
    We have only scratched the surface here. For complete feature lists and audio demos, head over to Westgate Studios.

The Clarinets Module is available now for only $125 (US).
    The Bassoons Module is available separately for only $95 (US).

These and other modules are Available Now at Westgate Studios.
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Re: Westgate Clarinets and Bassoons Now Available

That's nice. When do we get the trumpets, trombones and strings?

I'd love to have an estimate on when the strings will be available to. I know it's going to be a while but if it's possible?

Sounds good BTW...

strings....strings.....another vote for strings

I don't want this thread to get too far off topic but I will say that strings aren't even on the radar yet. Brass is more likely to be finished first but at the moment we have an opportunity to do a harps library with Concert and Celtic harp. So that will be next and should be completed fairly quickly once the recordings are done.

Our plan with trumpets and trombones is to divide each into 2 libraries. The first would include the standard instruments and straight mutes. The second would include a large collection of additional mutes. This way if you don't care about mutes, you could just buy the first library. If you already have something such as SAM brass, Dan Dean, etc. you can supliment that with our second library of just mutes. In my opinion there is more of a need for the mutes libraries because almost no one offers them.
    Westgate Studios

Sounds like a good plan. And thanks for your response.

Question Re: Westgate Clarinets and Bassoons Now Available

Hey that's great.

Timzydee, is the contrabass clarinet the full register BBb, or is it the more common (in the US) version which only extends a fifth below the bass clarinet? I can't quite tell from my quick listen of the demo.

Also, could you post another demo of the contra with an emphasis on the lower end, in pianissimo, perhaps along the lines of the Vaughan Williams VSL contra demo?

I also noticed the contra seemed to be doubled with a contrabassoon and other ornamentation in some places, so maybe a more exposed, lightly textured, demo would be good.

Meantime, congratulations and good luck. It's sounding fine, and the price is terrific.

It's the beast! The BBb we sampled went down to low C (concert). I mapped that to low B and Bb as well since there are some instruments that can play down there too.

Yes that demo features contrabassoon as well. I'll look at doing another contrabass clarinet demo.
    Westgate Studios

Tim, you once mentioned the possibility of doing a saxophone module. What's your present stance on that? Saxes are in very short supply - it should be possible to sell such a module.

Classical Saxophones have been on my wish list for a long time. (I know there's VSL, but I have to watch my pennies!)
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum