• Register
  • Help

Topic: My new CD has been released. Woo hoo!

Share/Bookmark

My new CD has been released. Woo hoo!

Okay, I'll admit it. A little shameless self-promotion here. I've released my first solo CD, Tallulah Lake. It was a lot of work and I'm very proud of it. And yes, it does utilize Garritan libraries, so that eases my guilt of touting it here.

It's basically a rock album with a heavy Beatles influence. I play almost all of the instruments (guitar, bass, keyboards, and sing) but I do have some live strings (quartet) join me. There are GPO string pads, but what I had the most fun with is the JABB horns. I was really going for the George Harrison All Things Must Pass sound.

The CD is available on CD Baby (www.cdbaby.com/stevebarden). There are two-minute samples of each song. Please take a listen and let me know what you think. Also, my MySpace page (myspace.com/stevenbarden) has full versions of four of the songs.

Peace & love,
    Steve
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Re: My new CD has been released. Woo hoo!

Congrats!
    Sounds really nice!

Congratulations Steve. I hope you make a great
    return on your investment in time and talent.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Congratulations, Steve!
    I like the most is the Carol's Perfume song with cool Guitar's arrangement and well-performed backing vocal!

Thanks,

Long

Thumbs up Re: My new CD has been released. Woo hoo!

Congrats to you Steve, hope you sell a lot of tunes.

I also like Carol's Perfume, great song!

Thumbs up Re: My new CD has been released. Woo hoo!

Yes, very Beatles influenced. I like very much (Beatles fan). You did an awesome job here!
    Styxx

Congratulations, Steve!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi! I liked your songs very much! Especially "I hope it's you" had a very good chorus and I liked the guitars too in general. The sound of your cd is very good because the market is nowadays filled with this very highly produced new "quality"-music from which no one can tell which song is which. You really have the good'ol way of doing songs.

Way to go mon!

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    The sound of your cd is very good because the market is nowadays filled with this very highly produced new "quality"-music from which no one can tell which song is which. You really have the good'ol way of doing songs.
    Hey Karvasika and everyone else,

Thanks for the compliment. When I decided to actually put out a CD I decided to do it just for *me*. I spent too many years trying to fit into somebody's idea of a genre or style. I figured "if you like my music then that's great! If not, that's okay, too!". I guess I just realized that it's more important to be true to myself and make me happy first.

On a whim I made a MySpace page and started posting a few of my songs just to see if anybody cared. You know, validation. The responses I received were overwhelmingly positive. People kept asking when and where they could buy a CD from me. I only had a handful of songs - not really enough for an entire CD. I never liked the idea of making an EP (3-6 songs). Around that same time I met my new girlfriend. Sheesh! Boy can that get your creative juices flowing! The next thing you know I have 14 songs.

One thing led to another. I licensed a song for a TV show and that led to me pushing to get the CD completed. I did it. I'm very proud of what I accomplished. I'm also very tired now.

LHong and Leaf: Carol's Perfume was written during my Dylan period (LOL). It is also the first time I've ever written a *story* song. I'm glad you like it.

Thanks again!
    Steve
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Go Back to forum