• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Home To You" - online collaboration

"Home To You" - online collaboration

8/17 EDIT: I'm adding another link to a newer mix, see below.
    Earlier this year I had a great experience collaborating on this song with musician friends at the Cakewalk Forums.

Singer/Songwriter/Musician JEFF ALLEN wrote this song and dedicates it to soldiers on duty over seas. He's currently making the final version of it available free of charge to all service members.

Jeff recorded the basic tracks, singing, playing drums, acoustic rhythm guitar and bass. Guitarists FRANK PRATTE and JAMES LINGREE added electric lead parts throughout.

I wrote, arranged and performed the JABB piano and GPO string parts, and also arranged and sang the background vocals.

IMPORTANT CAVEAT ABOUT THIS MP3 - It isn't the final mix Jeff produced, and has been cobbled together from scratch MP3 tests, so the sound quality isn't what Jeff is currently ready to release. But it will suffice for hearing what this country flavored pop song sounds like.

and 8/17 update - a newer mix
    better piano and strings

HOME TO YOU - newer mix
    Randy B.

Re: "Home To You" - online collaboration

Sounds pretty danged good as it is, Brother Bowser.

That's nice of y'all to donate your time and to make this available to our service members. All of you deserved much praise.

Larry G. Alexander

Dallas, TX

It sounds great! Y'all did a fine job on this and i agree with Larry, everyone deserves praise for this, for giving your time for the soldiers.

I will tell my nephews and neice, they are soldiers. Nephews are now thankfully home from both gulf wars and Iraq (and other places), and hopefully neice and her soldier husband won't have to ever go. They all have friends and fellow soldiers still there and we continue to pray for them.

San Jose, Ca, USA

I agree with Larry and David that it is pretty good as it is!
    Thanks for sharing it!

Larry, David and Long - I'm so glad you think this pasted together MP3 sounds good enough for now. And most of all, I appreciate your thumbs up about the project's inspirational purpose. It was a very special thing to work on. And these guys, Jeff, Frank and James are really good pop artists--great to work with.

Randy B.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Darn nice piece and great production. Like they said, nice of you to put the time in to help out. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Shelton, Washington State

You'll have to repost after the mastering is finished. It might lack some things lyrically to be a big hit but it works well for what it is intended, a moral booster for the troops.

Your piano and strings are sounding real nice.

This made me think of the song I'll Be Home For Christmas sung by Bing Crosby. It was released in the middle of WWll and touched the hearts of the whole country.

It does sound great. I particularly liked the strings. You have that classic pop arrangement happening. Very nice.
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Really great job on this collaboration. Your background vocals, piano and strings added a lot to this recording. Hope it goes far because the song is
    well written.

BRAVO, Randy

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Wow, this is nice Randy! I really think it's great that these fine musicians are dedicating this to our troops. As I listened, I could understand the heartfelt message of finally coming "home to you".

I enjoyed the strings and you supplying the backing vocals felt just right. You never cease to amaze me, a man of MANY talents! Kudos Randy! It's always such a pleasure to hear your work!

Thanks for posting,

Jaker "Shaver"

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast