• Register
  • Help

Topic: Belbin

Share/Bookmark

Belbin

You are the subject.
    I am in need of your advise again.
    I am still on the Gigapulse-GVI kick. You said:
    Just create a new file with a single region, mapped to a null sample. You allowed me to come back with a "huh", and I did, but in the meantime I managed to make use of the Westgate gigapulse which came with the GVI Factory Samples.
    You also told me that Gigaedit docs covers null sample mapping. I tried but could not find reference to null-sample at all. I am sure I am looking the wrong place. On top of it, I am terrified of the editor.
    If you have it in your heart, could you make a step-by step how to do this?
    I'll wait gladly, when you have a free and generous moment....

Thanks again

Ted

Re: Belbin

Ted,
    Sorry- I got distracted from that thread...I thought you had worked it out.

Just got in, and am tired. Will either write a detailed repy in the morning, and/or I'll make you a quick null-sample file. This will contain no proprietary content, so I can share it with you and the community with no wait for permission.

Flattering that you should call upon me.

-Belbin

OK, Ted. Here's a .gig file with 8 identical instruments, each of which has a region at C-1 that is mapped to a null sample.

http://www.wavelore.com/Null_Sample_Instruments.gig

To replicate such an instrument, all you need to do is create a new instrument (by right clicking in the instruments list in the editor), right click anywhere under the keyboard view, and select "new region" from the menu. This will create a blank region, already mapped to a null sample. But you can just save a copy of this file for future needs as well.

Let me know if you need futher assistance.

-B

As I was saying,...................Developers Assistance has helped immensely.

Red face Re: Belbin

I truly hate to be such a pest.
    I saved Null_Sample Instrument.gig in my sample drive (D).
    Started Giga with nothing loaded. Navigated to Null-Sample Instrument.gig, clicked on the little + sign and saw the 8 Untitled Instruments.
    I was going to load one of them. Got back: Unknown system error, Would you like to continue with loading this performance, OK or Cancel. Click OK, no instrument is loaded, but when trying to open the editor with an other sample I get:
    The system drives for Giga are not properly initialized. The application will fail.
    Restarting Giga all is OK, Editor opens fine.
    What did I do wrong? Because I sure did.
    Please forgive me for asking again a favour...

Ted

Scope4live:

Belbin's help for many of us has nothing to do with developers. I don't even know if he is a developer or not. He was kind to me and many others in the past years,noticing and responding to our failings. Allways a sound of helping and genuine good will comming out of this "developer"speakers. May he prosper and be happy.

Ted

Ted,
    Try the download again. I had trouble once with these files until I imported an actual silent sample and used it in lieu of the "null sample", which actually means, "not mapped". I have uploaded such a file to the same address for you to try.

Thanks both, for the kind words. Hope this helps.

-Belbin

p.s. FYI, Ted: I am a developer (now). Check out http://www.wavelore.com if you're interested. Otherwise, I hereby declare an end to this post, as herein I see myself hijacking this otherwise "people-helping-people" thread with shameless self-promotion....

Arrow Re: Belbin

Just Want To Say,
    Belbin's developments, as well as customer and even NON-customer care, are a model in excellence.

Tascam, Wavelore, Sonivox, Plogue, SpaceF, DAS, Zarg, Larry Seyer Digital, and the SDK developers from PlanetZ. These are the developers that I do business with, and need no demonstration from any of them when purchases are concerned. Their customer service is outstanding, as well as their custom and commercial products.

These guys are moving into the future with me on my stage, as I use hardware and software based hybrid rigs, the " BIG " guys like Steinberg and other blameless unsupportive developers have been replaced by hardware. It's simple, I bought their stuff, and chose to use proven stable products, and software developers who are concerned about their reputation get my business. They share the stage with companies like Lexicon, Oberheim, Studio Electronics, and Motion-Sound to name a few. That's a compliment in itself.

Studio scenarios where several takes and crashes are tolerated are where 50% of the products released were developed for, I will only use proven apps that have quality customer care, and 100% stability. At the end of the day, no body enjoys looking at a performers backside during a live show, and the thought of squinting at your LCD's under 1000 watt PAR lamps, when you should be playing, is just so Bush league, totally unacceptable IMHO.

I haven't given up on software sequencers yet, but have discarded Cubase 4, Sonar, and Logic. Yamaha, and Roland hardware sequencers synced with an Alsesis 24/96 have no equals in stability yet. I am purchasing others in hopes of a replacement for hardware. Ableton is next, and Energy XT w/ Forte is also under consideration. I only ask for the impossible,.......stability w/ DSP based platforms, and customer care. I wish they could make products like the gents I've mentioned.

As Douglass MacArthur said when he departed the bunkers at Corregidor in 1942,......I Shall Return.

Go Back to forum