• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale with EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

Finale with EWQLSO

Like I said before Im new to the world of sample libraries and DAWs and such, and as such I don't know much about them and how to connect 2 programs, etc. So here is what I want to do, and I want to know if it will be possible.

1. Use MIDI keyboard to record a song using EWQL onto my DAW software and have what I play notated in Finale. (for now it is easier for me to create music by just playing it since I have not had experience with it)

2. Just play notes on my keyboard and have them notated in Finale

3. And when I get experienced enough I want to be able to notate a song in finale and have it play using the sounds from EWQLSO.

Just wanted to make sure before I spent all the money on these programs just to find out that they won't do what I want them to do.

Thanks,
    Garrett

Re: Finale with EWQLSO

Oh and by the way any suggestions on the best DAW software to buy?
    I will mostly be using sample libraries like EWQL Platinum and will be doing some audio work (guitar, sax) and have done research but i thought it would be best to ask those who have experience.

Thanks,
    Garrett

Hi Garrett,

All three scenarios you have described are possible and relatively easy to accomplish. Scenario one will involve recording into the DAW, a process called quantization, and then exporting-importing a midi file. Finale was designed for scenarios two and three.

As for the DAW, give us the lowdown on your equipment and we'll be better able to assist. Mac? PC? Specs on the system? Your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Finale was designed for scenarios two and three.

As for the DAW, give us the lowdown on your equipment and we'll be better able to assist. Mac? PC? Specs on the system? Your budget?
    Thanks Reegs

See I knew that I could do #3 but I had heard somewhere that Finale would only be compatible with some libraries and not others.

As for my computer:
    Mac Pro, 8-core 3.0GHz
    4GB Ram
    2 750GB Hard Drives

go for the newest version of Logic.
    Sure EW is going to play in Finale but that doesn't mean it's going to sound amazing! A developer would need to program there lib like what Xsamples did for solo strings for Finale.

But it can be done.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat
    go for the newest version of Logic.
    Sure EW is going to play in Finale but that doesn't mean it's going to sound amazing! A developer would need to program there lib like what Xsamples did for solo strings for Finale.

But it can be done.

Ah unfortunately I can't afford Logic. It is too much money combined with everything else. I'm already up to $7500 for my studio and that is ONLY the computer, monitor, studio monitors, and EWQLSO. I still need the DAW software and my Yamaha motif es.

Gah this stuff is expensive.

7,500 so far for all that is good deal^_-
    Just think of what you have with that seriously! Make sure you room accoustics and monitor placement are right having a lot of software fast computer sequencer tons of outboard gear and poor monitor placement wouldn't do anything but be a big show!

ok the other big Mac sequencer Digital Performer.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettG
    Ah unfortunately I can't afford Logic. It is too much money combined with everything else.

Gah this stuff is expensive.
    I keep trying to tell myself that building mini model kits would be a better (cheaper) hobby. Hasn't worked yet.

You could start with Logic Express ($300) There's likely an upgrade path, or at worst, it would get you acquainted to it's Big Brother's workflow.

Well thing is I've already kind of decided on Digital Performer. I had considered it before, then i started leaning towards Cubase, but that was before I took into consideration what my needs and budget were.

Any suggestions for a good place to buy a desk? Good quality but not too expensive?

Thanks

Go Back to forum