• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonic Implant Strings

Share/Bookmark

Sonic Implant Strings

Hi there,

I just fell in love with one of the SSSI demo "Prince William" but i'm having some doubts... at the end of the cue 1:12 precisely, you can hear some chairs and other noises. So how much part of this cue is real recording ?

http://www.sonivoxmi.com/MP3/SonicIm...nceWilliam.mp3

Re: Sonic Implant Strings

I don't know about that, but Miroslav Philharmonik does include players and audience noises in the library so it wouldn't be strange at all if Sonic Implants had too.

Some time ago, I remember someone saying that it is indeed real except for strings.

I have SISS and it is excellent. There are no noises such as chair noises that I have encountered. I am guessing the composer added those noises in using a "scoring stage noise" sound to make it seem like it was played by a real orchestra.

get these strings immediately...i got the k2 format and i think they will stay in my sequencer for a LONG time....i will change them only if something of this QUALITY synthesized (like WIVI) comes out

I'd be both surprised and disappointed if a reputable company like Sonic Implants (or Sonivox) would allow a string demo to be posted with REAL strings in the mix.

Although it does sound really, really good!

-Alex

yeah they sound really really good... i'd love to hear this demo with ONLY the strings . I mean, perhaps they sound that good because of the rest of the orchestra recorded live

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDavis
    I'd be both surprised and disappointed if a reputable company like Sonic Implants (or Sonivox) would allow a string demo to be posted with REAL strings in the mix.

Although it does sound really, really good!

-Alex
    Yea but you see i still have some doubts ! It sounds SO good, i mean , like the real thing !
    And the other demos dont reach that level to me. Although they sound really good too

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter
    Yea but you see i still have some doubts ! It sounds SO good, i mean , like the real thing !
    And the other demos dont reach that level to me. Although they sound really good too
    No, they are sampled strings, definitely! They sound just great, that's a fact, but nontheless they are sampled. It's more about what you "don't hear" than what you "hear"; there's no out-of-tune in their sound, and all attack precisely at the same time. In a live recording, there are always some imperfections which harldy can be reproduced in a sampled recording. That's the diference between a live recording and a good sampled recording.

Go Back to forum