• Register
  • Help

Topic: virtual guitarist 2 and Logic Pro

Share/Bookmark

virtual guitarist 2 and Logic Pro

hello everyone !

a quick question for Seinberg's virtual Guitarist 2 and Logic Pro users..

does the plug in plays well in Logic Pro 7.2.3 ( latest version) ?

i am on OS X 10.4.7

thanks for your help

Yves

Re: virtual guitarist 2 and Logic Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    does the plug in plays well in Logic Pro 7.2.3 ( latest version) ?
    It sure does. Very well indeed.

Nick

great Nick !

thanks for your reply

Yves

Is it worth upgrading to VG2 (I have VG both acoustic and EE version 1) considering I will also be getting RealStrat? One reason alone is for older songs that are using it, particularly when I go to a new MacPro Intel. VG2 is UB and VG1 is not. But I mean particularly are there improvements and added content that still give it value?

yes..i think there's a lot of improvments compared to VG 1

i have VG1 on a PC and had a chance to play with VG2 for a while and I thought that the sounds and playability is better. Also the fact that you customize the grooves , this is also worth considering upgrading i would say

Yves

Quote Originally Posted by macmuse
    Is it worth upgrading to VG2 (I have VG both acoustic and EE version 1) considering I will also be getting RealStrat?
    I think you'll really like the ability to build your grooves with VG 2. The effects aren't bad either. I'm really interested in RealStrat. Please post when you get it working. The demos and interface seem awesome.
    -Rajay
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Quote Originally Posted by macmuse
    Is it worth upgrading to VG2 (I have VG both acoustic and EE version 1) considering I will also be getting RealStrat? One reason alone is for older songs that are using it, particularly when I go to a new MacPro Intel. VG2 is UB and VG1 is not. But I mean particularly are there improvements and added content that still give it value?
    Just a note of caution, VG2 is no longer supported (no more updates/ bug fixes).

hmmm..thanks for the infos regarding the fact that Steinberg is not supporting VG2..maybe VG3 is on the way ?

yves

Well, I did buy the upgrade to both VG2 and RealStrat thanks to your help. The Editor in VG2 is really great, even though I had done some groove modifications with VG1 just by the way I played the MIDI notes. This new editor makes it very slick.

RealStrat is no less capable, but its approach is the same as RealGuitar, which I have too. My guitar needs are covered now, and I'm glad you suggested to go ahead and get VG2 anyway, especially because I did want to keep my upgrade path since I do have some unfinished songs using VG1.

Go Back to forum