• Register
  • Help

Topic: Composer wanted (paying gigs)

Share/Bookmark

Composer wanted (paying gigs)

Some of you know that although I'm moonlighting as a composer, my day job is actually as art director for video games. Anyway, since I'm a senior manager, I can easily recommend composers to the various producers in the company. So, all of you who are looking for composing gigs in the game industry, send me your links/resumes/portfolios...etc (luna@ethereality.info).

I do ask that you're experienced and really know what you're doing instead of someone that's still trying to figure it out. Although I do believe in giving new blood a chance (I'm a new blood too, afterall), I do feel that new blood should gain some experience scoring small indy games or MODS first, before approaching established game companies. (This is what I'm doing for my own composing career.)

So, there is a game ATM that needs a composer--it's an I-Spy styled game for the casual market, and it's a romantic comedy with some suspense. I'm most likely going to be directing the composer on this game (we don't have a dedicated audio director in the company). I'd like the composer to be well-versed in orchestral, jazz fusion, and pop. I did put together some temp tracks (don't roll your eyes. When you work as a director, you'd do the same) and they are pretty close to the styles I'd want for the game, but if you come up with something that's different but brilliant, I'm all ears.

Also, this gig includes sound effects as well--nothing out of this world, just animal sounds, ambient animation sounds...etc.

The target file format is typically ogg or mp3. Estimated about 20 cues--most are pretty short loops, but a few will be longer loops as the player will stay on certain screens for a few minutes. We are mostly PC, but do have games for the Wii, DS, and XBLA as well (and sometimes special promotions with Comcast or other companies). This particular one is probably PC only, but the sequel might be multi-platform.

Alpha is around middle of September, and beta is end of October. GM is middle of November.

Make sure you include your rates.

Re: Composer wanted (paying gigs)

The response I've been getting has been overwhelming. There are so many amazingly talented composers out there! All are obviously lurkers on these forums....

Anyway, I have all of your emails kept in a special folder just for composers who have thrown their hats into the ring. I have officially put word out today company wide to all the producers in our company (we have quite a few producers, as we both publish and develop)--that I have an army of composers who all want to work, so as soon as their usual go-to guy falls through, or they have more projects than available trusted composers, just let me know and I'll forward them the information to composers that I feel are a good fit for the project(s).

Some of you are probably curious why I would do such a thing. It's actually very simple. I love kindred souls. I admire and respect talent. I dig guys who are passionate and hard-working. And I want to help others in ways that I hope one day I will be helped.

Although I'm moonlighting as a composer, I don't make my main income with it, and more than anything it's for the love of making music--because my soul would be incomplete otherwise. I could just make music for myself, but I love the entertainment industry, so I like to combine that love with my love for music--pretty much just like the rest of you. So, I don't really think of you guys as competition--more like kindred souls. Maybe if one day I go full-time as a composer, I might feel differently, but if my art career is any indication at all, I've always helped out my fellow peers in any way possible, short of handing them my gigs (that's actually happened when I got too busy to take on more work--so I refer them to my colleagues).

All I could ever ask for in return is that all of you can get more work, and go on enjoying being a professional composer (or ramp up your career as a composer). If I had helped you guys in some way with that, I'm sure good karma will find its way back to me.

Here's to music! *raises glass*

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post
    Some of you know that although I'm moonlighting as a composer, my day job is actually as art director for video games. Anyway, since I'm a senior manager, I can easily recommend composers to the various producers in the company. So, all of you who are looking for composing gigs in the game industry, send me your links/resumes/portfolios...etc (luna@ethereality.info).

I do ask that you're experienced and really know what you're doing instead of someone that's still trying to figure it out. Although I do believe in giving new blood a chance (I'm a new blood too, afterall), I do feel that new blood should gain some experience scoring small indy games or MODS first, before approaching established game companies. (This is what I'm doing for my own composing career.)

So, there is a game ATM that needs a composer--it's an I-Spy styled game for the casual market, and it's a romantic comedy with some suspense. I'm most likely going to be directing the composer on this game (we don't have a dedicated audio director in the company). I'd like the composer to be well-versed in orchestral, jazz fusion, and pop. I did put together some temp tracks (don't roll your eyes. When you work as a director, you'd do the same) and they are pretty close to the styles I'd want for the game, but if you come up with something that's different but brilliant, I'm all ears.

Also, this gig includes sound effects as well--nothing out of this world, just animal sounds, ambient animation sounds...etc.

The target file format is typically ogg or mp3. Estimated about 20 cues--most are pretty short loops, but a few will be longer loops as the player will stay on certain screens for a few minutes. We are mostly PC, but do have games for the Wii, DS, and XBLA as well (and sometimes special promotions with Comcast or other companies). This particular one is probably PC only, but the sequel might be multi-platform.

Alpha is around middle of September, and beta is end of October. GM is middle of November.

Make sure you include your rates.
    Hi Lunatique,
    please check out my music and music for video at www.myspace.com/michaelsbishop
    thanks
    best wishes Mike Bishop
    ps. rates negotiable

Oh, too bad the initial post is so old...:/
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Sorry, I just stumbled across this thread. If you're still interested in composers, please check out my L.A.soundtrack You Tube Page. Or my site that's currently under construction, but still has plenty of samples www.lasoundtrack.com.

Best wishes!
    Scooter Perrotta
    L.A.soundtrack
    scooter@lasoundtrack.com

I am a composer with credits looking to get into game music. Samples can be heard at http://www.myspace.com/gregkirkeliemusic. Thank you for listening.

Hey Lunatique, is this thread/offer still valid? Cause if it's not, I think it would be a good idea if this was clear - at least I wouldn't make any hopes for myself
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanatsu View Post
    Hey Lunatique, is this thread/offer still valid? Cause if it's not, I think it would be a good idea if this was clear - at least I wouldn't make any hopes for myself
    Have you seen the original post date?

I have read elsewhere that Lunatique received tons of mails and demos then, certainly more than enough for years. Sorry ...
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Good Day:

I am an established producer that has been nationally licensed on network television and has had his work featured in numerous independent games as well. The work produced in our studio could compliment your projects very well.

I'd be interested in supplying you with audio from our extensive library for a fraction of the cost that it would take to produce new content.

We utilize East/West sample based software to produce flowing orchestrations that are virtually impossible to discriminate from live performances, combine it with modern and cutting edge electronic sound design, and then mix it all with state of the art mixing tools. Products range from album productions, soundtracks, and audio soundscapes with full blown sound design for effects and cues.

Archive Productions also has access to several artists and can arrange meetings with other composers/performers if our portfolio isn't what you're after but an artist in it may be.

Please take a moment of your day to explore our content @ protilius.com

If you'd like to talk about future possibilities, please contact me directly @ protilius@gmail.com

Our rates are negotiable by project and the results are always of AAA quality. We can also produce work from the ground up if you have a budget to compensate us for the time that would be needed to provide platinum results.

Thank you for your time and consideration:
    N.Jones
    Archive Lead Producer
    1-608-807-9064

Re: Composer wanted (paying gigs) - OLD POST 2007!

THIS IS AN OLD POST from 2007

This thread should be locked/closed.
    Composer / Sound Designer / Audio Engineer
    GroovyAudio

Go Back to forum