• Register
  • Help

Topic: Re: GigaStudio 2.5 and sustain

Re: GigaStudio 2.5 and sustain

Hi guys! Thanks in advance for your help.

I\'m new to Giga and PC\'s. I\'m enjoying using Giga but having a problem. On some patches when I play a note and release it and then press the sustain pedal on before the note completely dies, the sustain pedal \"catches\" the decay of the note and holds it. This doesn\'t seem to happen with all patches. It does happen with GigaPiano for example, but it doesn\'t seem to happen with Nashville High Strung Guitars. I assume there is a way to turn this feature off, but I can\'t seem to find it. Can anyone help me with this?

Steve Hickman

Re: Re: GigaStudio 2.5 and sustain

I think that is the \"Piano release mode\" and you will usually find it on of all things \"Pianos\"

This is to sort of imitate the action of a real piano that can catch notes like that. Its kind of lame compared to the real thing they got going with 3.0.

Anyway, to remove, try loading the piano into the instrument editor. Double click on the instrument/s and you will get the instrument properties page. Un check the piano release mode check box and then save the piano. Should be a quick save too. Then it should quit doing this

Thank you so much! You\'re my hero!!

I figured it was something simple--somewhere. I just couldn\'t find it. In the Kurzweil 2k series I believe they called it \"Sus1\" and \"Sus2\". Maybe I\'ve been playing sampled pianos too long, but this \"feature\" just drives me crazy. For me, it just creates \"mud\". Perhaps as you say, it\'s implementation will be better in Giga 3.

Now that this issue is solved, I just have to decide whether to go ahead and buy some sample libraries or wait for Giga 3 and see if there has to be updates to all current libraries.

Dave, again, thank you for your help.

All the best,

Your welcome. I think its safe to get whatever libraries you need when you can afford them. 3.0 versions would probably be free or cost a minor update fee if you already have a library. I wouldn\'t hesitate. Start getting work done now.

Go Back to forum