Hi, gigalove. Thanks for replying.
The Oct. 2005 GPO Update's PDF guide (21 pages) states at the beginning:
"For the Update we have added new instruments, features, and extended some of the previous capabilities. The library remains easy to use for the beginner but now adds many features that will aid the advanced user in more detailed work. Instruments load by default to perform as they have in the past but new (sometimes hidden) features are now available when needed. Some of the new features take advantage of recent Native Instruments’ advances in the player architecture. Others are the result of suggestions by users. Here’s a quick overview of many of the new features: -----
• “Full Strings” instruments
• Aggressive short bow strings
• Aggressive brass instruments
• Advanced keyswitched instruments
• “Length” control parameter
• Solo winds vibrato control
• Advanced portamento control
• “Playable” single key tremolos and trills in solo strings
• “Playable” single key rolls in percussion
• Tonal variation control in pipe organ instruments
• Extended vibraphone controls", etc.
On page 18 of the PDF, there is an Addendum #1 that states the changes to individual instruments.
My question is this: How do I tell (from the name and/or size and/or date of my GPO Library files) whether or not I have the latest versions?
Thanks for your help.