• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: "Sonatina In g minor"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Sonatina In g minor"

    Y'all,

    This is my "Sonatina In g minor" featuring one of the three GPO harpsichords.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    It sounds very cool larry. At first I thought this was going to be a 'harp' piece when you said 'harpsies'. Call me stupid. Anyway I liked it alot. You write nice harpsichord stuff.
    -Jay

  3. #3

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    It sounds very cool larry. At first I thought this was going to be a 'harp' piece when you said 'harpsies'. Call me stupid. Anyway I liked it alot. You write nice harpsichord stuff.
    -Jay
    Appreciate the good words Mr. Jay. Many thanks.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    Good morning, Larry

    If ever there was a "music theory lesson in a composition" from you (and that's actually always the case) your Sonatina is certainly that. Hearing this one played on GPO's great sounding Harpsichord is especially nice to me, with that instrument's unapologetic dynamic limitation and extremely pleasing sound.

    Thanks by the way, for using the most realistic, classic Harpsichord patch in GPO. The other two versions of the instrument I'm sure have their uses, but have a more synth sound to them which I always find distracting.

    Also, did you noticed the thread in the General Discussion board about the GPO Harpsichord? Maybe you contributed to that - The question initially was if the GPO Harpsi has release samples so the mechanical string-release sound is triggered on note off. I was thinking it Did have that release sound - But, it doesn't. Curious, because common wisdom is that the best sounding virtual Harpsis have that sound, but GPO's doesn't - yet listen how good it sounds. I think perhaps the clunking and thumping is more easily lived without than one would have thought!

    Thanks, Larry, for another piece with the signature Alexander good energy feel.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  5. #5

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    I agree about the different GPO harpsichords. This is the one I use in ninety-nine percent of my harpsi works.

    Thanks a lot for the compliments, Brother Bowser. Your constant support is encouraging and appreciated.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    Larry:

    I agree with RBowser. In addition I will add the expletive
    excellent! Very cohesive and a model for study.
    Are you playing these in in real time? If so, you should be on a concert tour.
    Steve

  7. #7

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus
    Larry:

    I agree with RBowser. In addition I will add the expletive
    excellent! Very cohesive and a model for study.
    Are you playing these in in real time? If so, you should be on a concert tour.
    Steve
    Personally, I use stronger "expletives".

    Thanks, Mr. Steve. Coming from the Old Music Master, this is high praise indeed and means a lot to me.

    No, it's not played in real time. I wish! I key in each note individually with my handy-dandy mouse in the staff view of Sonar 6.

    My best to you,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    Good strong, rich, sound on that harpsichord, Larry.

    And that's not just about the quality of that particular
    version of the GPO harpsichord.

    It goes very much to how you write for the instrument,
    how you voice it, chord it, and articulate it.

    Really find job on this, Larry. Definitely one of the very
    best harpsichord works I've heard from you.

    Best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  9. #9

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Good strong, rich, sound on that harpsichord, Larry.

    And that's not just about the quality of that particular
    version of the GPO harpsichord.

    It goes very much to how you write for the instrument,
    how you voice it, chord it, and articulate it.

    Really find job on this, Larry. Definitely one of the very
    best harpsichord works I've heard from you.

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Many thanks for the good review, Mr. Dave. I appreciate your taking the time out of your busy day to listen.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: "Sonatina In g minor"

    A wonderful harpsichord piece Mr Larry.

    I wonder if a USB tablet and pen specifically for entering notes would make it a little easier for those who compose on a staff.

    Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •