• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to remove embeded Impulse FX

Share/Bookmark

How to remove embeded Impulse FX

Howdy Giga folks:

Anybody know how to remove the gigapulse impulse file embeded in a gig file. This is the file that gets loaded in the FX. I want to permamently remove this and resave the file. So that the next time I just load the resaved file the impulse is not loaded with it.

I am not sure if is part of the gig file or gsi file structure. Anyway when I load some pianos for example some PMI pianos, the impulse file gets loaded with it for pedal down samples. I want to remove these from the file, I know I can just mute it, but I am doing some experiments where I just want it removed from the file itself. I've looked in all the manuals for giga and gigapulse, and I've looked into the editor, and just cannot find anywhere how to remove this and resave the file. I've spent many hours with no success. Anybody know how.

Thanks

Re: How to remove embeded Impulse FX

ddarwin:

Never tried it, but as part of an answer I got when I wanted to embed my samples I got:
    You can select the instrument you want to encode, but be aware that once you encode it, it will be like that until you reverse the process using the same menu option.
    The process:
    Load the instrument you wish to encode into Gigastudio,and route it to the desired gigapulse preset in the DSP section.
    Find the settings you want gigapulse instance to default to.
    In the Gigapulse file menu,choose the very bottom option, "Encode Current cfg to a giga instrument preset.
    I will not name the person who gave this kind advise, because I allready got hell (sort of) for praising his help. The Gigapulse file menu he is talking about is on the left side of the page, half way down.

Have fun.

Ted

ddarwin: I wrote a detailed response last night, and by the time I clicked submit, my internet was down, and I lost the message.

Ted's answer is right, even though you're looking to un-encode the impulse. It's actually done from the same interface. Just find the instrument, highlight the instance you want to remove, and click delete.

This might be too vague, and I'm not up for the detailed answer tonight, so please see if that gets you anywhere and holler back.

Best,
    Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    I will not name the person who gave this kind advise, because I allready got hell (sort of) for praising his help.
    Ted, scope4live was not giving you any guff...he was just complimenting me, albiet in a way that would appear vague to anyone who is not aware of him as an adament Belbin-supporter.

Praise me anytime you like-I can always use the confidence boost

-Belbin

Smile Re: How to remove embeded Impulse FX

Thanks so much Ted and Belbin. I am almost there. I figured out how to embed a gigapulse into an instrument and save it now. I still have not completely figured out how to remove one. Yes, I am going to experiment with reversing the process. Its just that the FX instance is a smaller window and does not have the file option. So I am assuming that when you load an embeded instrument, you have to actually load the full window version into the insert and then edit that preset, and go in there and delete the encoded preset. I know I am being vague, but I think I am beginning to understand.

I am going to experiment some more later this week. Thanks again, you guys pointed me in the right direction. Belbin, if you want to post more details on how to remove an embeded impulse, that would be so awesome. And I could hold on to it for future reference.

BTW, I did get some crazy errors and stuff in the beginning, then surprisingly these error disappeared the second time around.

Dd

Go Back to forum