• Register
  • Help

Topic: ASIO soundcards for Notebooks?

Share/Bookmark

ASIO soundcards for Notebooks?

I'm looking for a soundcard for my laptop that supports ASIO. I'll either get one that runs off USB or one that I can plug into my ExpressCard slot. Does anyone know of any good ones.

BTW, I would like it to be fairly inexpensive because I'm only looking for using it with K2 player. And, I already tried ASIO4ALL, it didn't work for me.

Re: ASIO soundcards for Notebooks?

Mr. Raz.bar.,88,

I have had been using the Echo-Audio Indigo cards for the past several years with my laptop and have had very good results.

Gary Garritan

There are a bunch of different ASIO options for laptops.
    USB, Firewire, PCMCIA (as mentioned above), you name it.

USB
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navig...=100001+309115

FIREWIRE
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navig...=100001+309117

These may not all have ASIO support. Be sure to check.

I can use the USB ones, and I was looking at the M-audio Transit, the problem with using the PCMCIA cards is that I DON"T HAVE THAT SLOT, I have the newer ExpressCard slot. The only soundcard I found that will fit the port is the Creative Labs X-Fi card, but it doesn't support ASIO.

Quote Originally Posted by raz.bari.88
    I'm looking for a soundcard for my laptop that supports ASIO. I'll either get one that runs off USB or one that I can plug into my ExpressCard slot. Does anyone know of any good ones.

BTW, I would like it to be fairly inexpensive because I'm only looking for using it with K2 player. And, I already tried ASIO4ALL, it didn't work for me.
    Though not inexpensive (it's street is $479,) the Edirol UA-101 is a very nice box. It works with both Macs and PCs and it has lots of I/O capability.

Keith Walls

Go Back to forum