• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI Ver. 3.64

Share/Bookmark

GVI Ver. 3.64

I've heard all kinds of nightmare stories about GVI Ver. 3.63 so I didn't load it. Now I understand there's 3.64. Anyone using that version? Did it fix the freezes and lockups? Been away too long. Got a lot of catching up to do.
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Re: GVI Ver. 3.64

3.63 was a fix for duplicate ID's when using GVI, and other GVI engine based apps such as Muse, AZ, and GigaViolin. People who experienced problems simply didn't make back ups. I did that several times, and have learned my lessons. Sometimes the folders and files get their paths crossed as well. but the fix was great as I now have everything available for GVI working stable for my live rigs.

I was jammin' with some old friends and we use to play in a fusion band together, and they were shocked when we did some old Mahavishnu Orchestra covers, and I broke out GigaViolin to cover the Jean Luc Ponty fiddle parts. I even had the wah-wah, and phaser sounding spot on. I actually can load and play w/o any audio dropouts, as before I was choking w/ the Northwood P4 3.4EE CPU.

GVI, as well as Bidule .095, support Multicore CPU's and allow me to load Wavelore's Zither, GigaViolin, Muse, 1 x K2 based VSTi, and GVI w/ 8 2GB sized libraries as well. Flawless is how I describe it. That's with the cheap Q6700 quad core. The newer QX6700's are 20% better, but I will wait for GS4 for that one.

I didn't upghrade to 3.64 as trhe release notes didn't pertain to the way I use GVI. Only when I see something that I use will I upgrade. And definately make a backup until any instabilites which might or might not occur, can be found.

dll.files must all be in their proper folders when using a VST shell, or sequencer. Other wise you are in for a long unproductive day.

Please, stay seated.

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live
    I was jammin' with some old friends and we use to play in a fusion band together, and they were shocked when we did some old Mahavishnu Orchestra covers, and I broke out GigaViolin to cover the Jean Luc Ponty fiddle parts.
    I didn't upghrade to 3.64 as trhe release notes didn't pertain to the way I use GVI. Only when I see something that I use will I upgrade. And definately make a backup until any instabilites which might or might not occur, can be found.
    Please, stay seated.
    Ahhh! Jean Luc Ponty. Still have lots of stuff by him. He's always been awesome. If you can re-create the nuances of his performances you're right on it doggone it! As for updates, I save all new ones to disc and load them as the need arises. I didn't read the release notes for this one because I was sure I wouldn't load it until I found enough GVI users who'd done so without major problems. Although I use several .gig files with Giga origin, most of the samples I use come from Akai, E-MU, Roland, Samplecell and others. I'm an old school midi composer who until recently used several hardware samplers into Cakewalk sequencers. I use Translator Pro to change them to .gig files to be used within GVI. With GS3 in residence I'm able to use the full editor. That may seem simplistic to some of you younger, more technologically advanced artists but it's served me well. As long as it makes the sounds and doesn't get in the way of my creativity I'm pleased. To date I've had very few problems with it when used in this context. The updates sometimes have small unmentioned positive side effects that help with those sounds and therein lies my interest. As for backup, thanks for the tip but that's a lesson I learned in the '80s when all you had to do to lose some work was double a couple wrong notes to cause the machine to lock and lose everything. I learned after awhile to back up my backups. Thanks again for the wise counsel. I love input. Now if I can just find a good wind or breath controller I can learn to play I can do more of Charlie Parker and Miles in my one man band stuff. Peace and blessings.
    -Rajay
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Right up my alley mate !
    I started with the Emulator II's, Mirage, and Oberheim DPX's as I make more money performing than recording.

Even though I have purchased many, many libraries since then, I still use my Santana Mirage mod wheel feedback guitar in GVI, and several EOS, and Akai samples. Sonic Reality made some great stuff like World Traveler, American Heartland, etc.

I had to buy 3 x Oberheim DPX's and load like a mad man in between songs. Then came the EIII, and the EIV Turbo's. But then came Gigasampler ( circa 1999 ) and now that GVI is out, I load everything for an entire evening. Playing is just a dream now as all of my synths and samplers are controlled by 2 x KS88's, and since my Scope cards carry the synths, mixers, and effects, my CPU ( QX6700 ) is wholly for Bidule / GVI / Muse / American Zither / GigaViolin, and K2. Every form of synthesis is available, granular, modular, WAV, and analog. But for really FAT monophonic leads a real analog is still racked up. I still prefer hardware reverbs, and can only play reverse solos on my hardware Oberheim Echoplex Pro Looper. But I doubt anyone can re produce the sounds of my PCM91, and 81 either. I have heard the best DSP programmers, and of course it's baby brother VST, and they just don't have it yet, many claim so, but if it was even close I would use it as my CPU is no longer a bottleneck. These cheap little quads floating around work fantastically live, especially if the app is optimised for SSE4.

Strength And Honor,

Go Back to forum