• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jamstix 2 released today!

Share/Bookmark

Cool Jamstix 2 released today!

people, it's here! if u guys never tried out version 1, u're missing out, and this new version holds incredible promise. There's nothing out there like this, in fact, IMO this is a huge step forward in the virtual instruments world. It will play only what real humans can play, (unless of course u don't want it to), they have even calculated the time it takes a drummer to move his hand from one position to another (i.e cymbal back to snare) so that it will only play something if it is natural and possible. It has an automatic fill generator, and many styles/drummers have been modeled, so that beats/accents/fills are natural to the specific style. Seriously, this is one amazing product, I really wish every other instrument will get to this level someday... Well, just thought u'd like to know. (And good luck to Rayzoon on this and all upcoming add-ons, as well as Jam Bassist and Percussion!)
    Sam

Re: Jamstix 2 released today!

Yeah, i was also surprised when I got the email today!

There's one minor gripe I have with the program: No User manual was included in the download. Which makes the whole thing pretty useless. I clicked around but was overwhelmed with options...
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    There's one minor gripe I have with the program: No User manual was included in the download. Which makes the whole thing pretty useless. I clicked around but was overwhelmed with options...
    That seems strange. Haven't downloaded yet, but I'd think you could access the manual from the top right button, according to this screenshot.

Somewhere in this http://rayzoon.com/v-web/bulletin/bb...pic.php?t=1494 huge thread Ralph mentioned that you can use your JS1 kits no problem. If you bought all of them then you basically have the XL kit.

MANUAL :
    http://www.rayzoon.com/stuff/js2manual.zip

Thank you for your help, guys! This shows that one shouldn't work 12 hours and then attempt to understand something new!

The button in Jamstix opens the folder with the manual properly! The link in the start menu points into nirwana, that is how i missed it...
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter

The link to the manual is located under libraries, go figure

http://www.rayzoontech.com/docs/jamstix2_manual.pdf

Randy

There is no Mac version available. So this is a piece of great and useless software
    Any plans for a Mac port?

Regards
    Raindog

Well, after reading the manual (Yeah, keep laughing.. I really do read the manuals of all stuff before using it! ) it was a breeze to set this baby up and get it running! After only 30 minutes I was able to use JS2 as a virtual drummer for a 13 second jingle I was composing yesterday. I love this new version! Never could get my head around the old one, but JS2 is intuitive, easy to use, less CPU-intensive and simply brilliant!

Just 2 notes:

* The program installs a wrong link to the manual in the start menu. As pointed out above you have to manually find it or use the "help" button in the plugin.

* Nowhere in the manual it mentions installation of separate kits, especially if you own JS1 kits. This is only mentioned fleetingly in their forums. So if you own JS2 AND JS1+kits do this:

A) Keep JS1 and install JS2, then the JS2 stock kit. JS2 'should' be able to find the JS1 kits and use them right away. This did not work for me, dunno why.

or

B) Uninstall JS1, install JS2. Then install the JS2 stock kit and afterwards all the kits from JS1. This worked flawless for me!

I'm in drum heaven now! JS2 is so easy to use, even a complete moron like me could create a great drumtrack with it in 20 minutes. You may quote me on that!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter

cant try it out because im on a mac but the demos on the website sound pretty horrible IMHO.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    cant try it out because im on a mac but the demos on the website sound pretty horrible IMHO.

Hans
    I think you're missing the point of Jamstix. It's not supposed to be a killer drum sample module. It's a virtual drummer. It creates drum patterns on the fly and can actually react in a live setting to midi or audio input.

Additionally, you can use any external drum vst with it. So the sound output can be from literally any drum samples.

Go Back to forum