• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New GigaStudio Video

Share/Bookmark

New GigaStudio Video

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this. Interviews with Hans Zimmer, Trevor Rabin, Christopher Young, Mark Isham, Jeff Rona, Cliff Martinez, etc. about GigaStudio. Bonus points if you can tell me what music we \"borrowed\". [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.tascamgiga.com/testimonials.php

Re: New GigaStudio Video

You ripped off Horner\'s beautiful \"A Beautiful Mind\" score. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I always think it\'s silly when people do that.

Edit: furthermore, why are there only like two seconds of Zimmer talking in that whole thing? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

This is an exerpt from the 20-minute video we did for the product line at NAMM. So the product bullets made sense in that context. So did the film clips, talking heads get old in a hurry in that context.

And since it was NAMM, we wanted to show it in comparison to synths. We\'ve already got the guy who\'s into streaming samplers, I\'m trying to reach the guy who thinks the piano and string sounds in his Triton are \"good enough\".

Originally posted by synthetic:
    I\'m trying to reach the guy who thinks the piano and string sounds in his Triton are \"good enough\".
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">...this guy may be harder to reach using a concept of an instrument with no sound. Triton is an instrument with sound, maybe not the best sounds, but it\'s an instrument. Will there be any sounds shipping with GS3?

Tons.

Is it posible to elaborate a bit on the \"tons\"?

-at least what kinda \"genres\" would be covered? I suppose gigapiano2 is at sure bet?!

thanks in advance.

Thanks synthetic - it\'s always good to here these guys comment.

We\'re still pulling together submissions, so I can\'t talk about what\'s on there yet. I\'ve heard rumors of multiple DVD-ROMs full of sounds.

GigaPiano 2 comes with all versions of GS3, however a limited version without the instrument resonance is included with GigaStudio 3 Solo.

Originally posted by synthetic:
    We\'re still pulling together submissions, so I can\'t talk about what\'s on there yet. I\'ve heard rumors of multiple DVD-ROMs full of sounds.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">nice, I hope they are presented in a \"complete library\" way...not as a teaser. There could be some distinguishable sounds in there like. everyone knows the \"M1 Piano\" or the \"Fantasia\" patch. GigaPiano2 wouldn\'t be distinctive enough. Signature sounds help give the instrument a palpable identity, IMO...

I actually think it\'s a good idea to market this as shown. It has a good audience, to the ones like me a few months ago: I didn\'t know what Giga was at all and got a Triton in the pursuit of good sound. So, how about that\'s video #1. Maybe video #2, should have this other audience hungry for advanced details. Then again, people interested in those details can\'t wait to order in April...
    [size=\"1\"]my .02[/size] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum