• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: KP2 and Sonar - intuitive NO!!!!

Share/Bookmark

KP2 and Sonar - intuitive NO!!!!

I updated to KP2, both updates installed without any problems (PC).
    I wanted KP2 to be the player in Sonar.
    I started with this yesterday morning and still it isn't good.

Already had some help on my posting, which I followed to the letter as far as I could understand some strange sentences. It was all without any success.

Unless somebody puts here a step-wise tutorial how to assign KP2 instruments to tracks in SONAR, like KP1 worked, I am not going to use this KP2 feature.

When loading the player KP1 in Sonar I could assign, synths outputs [all or just the first]. That was easy enough. Somehow I cannot get this done with KP2, in spite of all Conf settings, etc.

I am really very, very angry. Hours and hours of trying without any success, getting strange synth outs, - a bunch of <new>, some <surrounds>, and more <unassigned>.

It is that the update to KP2 is pure binary, else I would have thrown the box out of the window. And when you read in the newspaper about some strange and devastating explosion in the Netherlands...... that is just me.

Raymond

Re: KP2 and Sonar - intuitive NO!!!!

Raymond, save your explosives for a better cause and instead

1. download 16_stereo_out.nkm* and put it in the \Kontakt Player 2\UserPatches\Multis folder,
    2. make a backup copy of \Kontakt Player 2\default\kontakt_def.nkm,
    3. start Sonar and open an instance of vstplugins -> KontaktPlayer2 (VST) and/or NI -> KontaktPlayer2 (DXi) (both, if you use both types of plugin; they don't seem to share the default output configuration) and load the 16_stereo_out.nkm multi from the KP2 | Libraries | User Multis drop-down menu, then open the KP2 Output section and click Make Default,
    4. close Sonar and restart it. You should now have 16 stereo output channels at your disposal. In Sonar's audio tracks select the Input channels named "... Stereo". I think "... Main: Stereo" is the same as "... st. 1: Stereo"

A word of caution: the 4 Aux channels use the same audio channels as st. 13 to st. 16. I don't think it is wise to use both.

* Has been replaced by http://www.foenshauge.dk/software/ko...Stereo_out.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Raymond, save your explosives for a better cause and instead
    1. download 16_stereo_out.nkm and put it in the \Kontakt Player 2\UserPatches\Multis folder,
    Download from?????????

Raymond - not yet exploded, but already dug a big hole to bury KP2.......

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Download from?????????

Raymond - not yet exploded, but already dug a big hole to bury KP2.......
    16_stereo_out.nkm

or

http://foenshauge.dk/software/kontak...stereo_out.nkm

if you prefer that.

Hi, Raymond - I've read your two messages here now, and am hoping you will give us an update when/if things get straightened out. It sounds like you've gotten good advice from people who understand how KP2 works.

This confusion about the audio outs in KP2 is what I've seen a number of people still asking about, since the routing isn't as straight-forward as it was in KP1.

Do you have to put up with Help files which are in English?

And, I don't understand why you're being told to do all this extra downloading, backing up of files, copying and pasting etc when you've installed the updates properly. --?

Randy B. (still watching KP2 with fear and trepidation)
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    And, I don't understand why you're being told to do all this extra downloading, backing up of files, copying and pasting etc when you've installed the updates properly. --?
    It is not necessary to do it the way I described - it is just the easiest way.

You can create the multi yourself, if you like, or you can set up KP2's output section manually each time you load it in Sonar, but why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Links not working....

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Raymond - I've read your two messages here now, and am hoping you will give us an update when/if things get straightened out. It sounds like you've gotten good advice from people who understand how KP2 works.
    When it goes, I'll tell you how.

This confusion about the audio outs in KP2 is what I've seen a number of people still asking about, since the routing isn't as straight-forward as it was in KP1.
    I am not sure, who invented that type of routing. But it must have been a "programmer" with no imagination of how normal human beings interpret the word "easy".

Do you have to put up with Help files which are in English?
    Which help files? Where are they? I can read english, rather well, better than I write.

Me neither. Garritan.com should have made it easier for us users. Now the product GPO together with some sequencer isn't flexible and intuitive anymore.

Randy B. (still watching KP2 with fear and trepidation)
    (rbowser)
    Me too. I uninstalled it and went back to KP1.
    Two days lost.

Raymond

Links not working....

Raymond
    They work for me.

How about this: http://www.foenshauge.dk/software/ko...stereo_out.nkm ?

Now the product GPO together with some sequencer isn't flexible
    It is exactly that:flexible. You can use KP2 to produce music in surround quality as well as in stereo quality. That's flexibility to me.

Go Back to forum