• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: DVZ strings official demo !

Share/Bookmark

DVZ strings official demo !

Re: DVZ strings official demo !

Gee, that demo just sounds awful.

There are certainly good ideas to be found in the fundamental basis of this library; realtime divisi and separate desks allow for indefinite variation between performances, but unfortunately as has just been demonstrated, these things simply don't amount to a great sounding string library. The tone colour captured here is far from being a homage to the lush tone produced by a real string performance, or indeed that found in any other commercially available sample library.

In a word, Disappointing. (note the capital D)

I'm not a fan of the strings overall tone, but I find the performance rather realistic, especially the runs. The strings are a bit harsh at some place but it could be due to a mixing issue.

Still a bit expensive

Hi J. C.,
    I think most of it sounds quite realistic. At the start, the transitions between staccati and legati sound less convincing than the rest to a listener.
    Cheers,
    Chris

am I having deja vu or there was post like this already, and
    topic starter got banned?

i'm not impressed....

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    i'm not impressed....
    Me neither.
    Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

Oops,

i'm not impressed...., but I know this is a first Demo and I know their impatience to post finally something.

But, my tipp to any developer: The first Demo is the most important, and should be as good as no different one!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

So far, DVZ seems to be more like a nice computer collection !

Hi everyone,
    This page would be a better place to look for a finished product than the unmixed, live mp3 demonstration of the single track on the frontpage, as the final mixed track is there along with is some information about it (it sounds better at 192kHz, and mixed with the internal hueristicsfacilities in the package, than the live mp3 track): http://www.audioimpressions.com/Supp...s/default.aspx
    Cheers,
    Chris

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast