• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Section Technique Simulation Software

String Section Technique Simulation Software

Hi everyone! A lot of discussion has been going on over at another forum about the string section playing technique simulation software I have been experimentally developing for the last year or so to make my upcoming demo reel sound sound better. I figured you might be interested in it.

A demo of exposed violin section can be heard here:

The track is called "Warehouse".

And here is the original technique walkthrough mp3 that started the madness:

(256k MP3)

All of these use only slightly more than normal cpu resources, and everything is done on a single midi track/patch, in real time.

String samples on "Warehouse" are vrsound.com "Kontakt Strings".
    Most of the samples on the walkthrough mp3 are VSPro concert strings.

Before anyone asks, this is not an automatic "magic thing". It requires resampling and hard edits, as well as deep, tedious programming. It's no trivial matter to adapt it to any given set of samples.

Re: String Section Technique Simulation Software

Highly interesting!

I wish you all the best and hope that your software will end up in good hands, or in good management, or you will do it yourself!

Take care

The slurs and divisi sound really good. Interesting that you just used usual samples.
    What technique do you use in this software. How is this out-of-tune function achieved?
    Nice project you have here. Keep up the good work!!

Best regards,

I don`t know what you did, Von Richter, but what you did is very greaaaaaat!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum