• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any1 has this mobo ? Abit IN9 32X-MAX

Share/Bookmark

Any1 has this mobo ? Abit IN9 32X-MAX

I'm thinking about this mobo: Abit IN9 32X-MAX

becasue it is capable of using 32 GB of RAM.... nice for the future of 64bit OS...

Any1 use it ???

Any1 has some objections against Nvidia® NF680i SLI chipset ???

Abit site: http://www.uabit.com/index.php?optio...ge=1&model=333

Re: Any1 has this mobo ? Abit IN9 32X-MAX

well,

do not know - just would consider - until 4x 8GB RAM sticks are affordable and an Operating system supports that there might be no more CPUs with that socket ...... I would not buy computer tec for features that might be available in the future ..... Specs etc, change to rapidly ..... could you put in 32GB today and use it and would it be - say today at twice the price you would be willing to pay [means tomorrow it is about the price you would be willing to pay] - then get it, if not, well, it seems more like wishful thinking than a useful setup ....

just my two cents

best

Quote Originally Posted by steff3
    well,

do not know - just would consider - until 4x 8GB RAM sticks are affordable and an Operating system supports that there might be no more CPUs with that socket ...... I would not buy computer tec for features that might be available in the future ..... Specs etc, change to rapidly ..... could you put in 32GB today and use it and would it be - say today at twice the price you would be willing to pay [means tomorrow it is about the price you would be willing to pay] - then get it, if not, well, it seems more like wishful thinking than a useful setup ....

just my two cents

best
    I'm building DAW for at least 2-3 years.... I'm gonna try to use XP 64 or Vista 64 so using n instances of 32bit plugins and a virtual audio cable I'll be able to utilise more RAM.... 8GB will be nice for a start but after a year 16GB will be nice too....
    I'm planning Q6600 CPU for a start... for a year will be enough for sure and later maybe new 4 core cpu ? this mobo will support CPUs that will come out in a 1 for sure.... then after CPU upgrade... do I need more power ? RAM is this fing that are libs most hungry for now I guess....

I don't like to change the MOBO in DAW to upgrade... not a smart move... challange/response and all that will have to be done again.... windows OEM will scream about that and all that crap.....
    as a center of my DAW I want a mobo that will last for 2-3 years at least

I have looked at this board myself about 8 months ago. If the bios issues have been worked out since then, it could be a good option for those who want to expand to 16-32GB later when application support and prices allow. Know that by that time you must have installed a quad-core to take advantage of 8GB per core (it may be 4GB per core, so please read up on it!). There was even an an Athlon AM2 ECS board in 2005 that said it could run 32GB. I bought my 4GB capable consumer board in 2001. Many told me: "can't use more than 2GB" for boards, WinXP, et cetera. Since the start of 2005 I had 3GB of affordable RAM and could use 2GB in an application, and run a convenient number of other tasks in the remaining GB, which is quite convenient.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cmdratz
    If the bios issues have been worked out since then
    what issues ???

Quote Originally Posted by cmdratz
    Know that by that time you must have installed a quad-core to take advantage of 8GB per core (it may be 4GB per core, so please read up on it!).
    I don't understand... limit to address RAM for core of CPU ???
    I'm going to have Core 2 Quad Q6600 for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    I'm going to have Core 2 Quad Q6600 for a start.
    Those are getting so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBotkin
    Those are getting so cheap.
    cheap would be 1/2 of the current price for me .... but they are half the price they were 2 months ago.

Luk,
    It seems the bios may have been fixed, but, if so, it took a-bit a while to do so: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813127020
    To access 32GB of RAM, one must have 4 cores, because the core 2 architecture supports only 8GB per core, as far as I am aware. As I said, you may need to search on that yourself, to be sure.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Go Back to forum