• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I change patches in the middle of a song?

Share/Bookmark

How do I change patches in the middle of a song?

Lets say I have, a native instruments FM8 patch playing the first measure of a song. Is there are way that I can program the preset to change once the song gets to the second measure to say cpu by not adding another instance. Any midi pros out there that can dummy it down to me on how to do that? That would be invaluable.
    Thanks
    dblock

Re: How do I change patches in the middle of a song?

Forgot to mention I'm using Cubsae 4.

I don't know NI FMB, but Cubase has a controller lane for Program Change. As far as I can work out, this does not have a CC number

It might be worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by dblock View Post
    Lets say I have, a native instruments FM8 patch playing the first measure of a song. Is there are way that I can program the preset to change once the song gets to the second measure to say cpu by not adding another instance. Any midi pros out there that can dummy it down to me on how to do that? That would be invaluable.
    Thanks
    dblock
    Using the Track/Part Inspector, you can insert patch changes or other events.
    Regards,
    Vin

CYBERMIDI Pro MIDI Files & Backing Tracks

The most reliable way is to use your sequencer's list editor, insert a program change and the number for your desired patch (like 33 for an Acoustic Bass) shortly ahead of the first note which the patch should play. dadly1

Quote Originally Posted by dblock View Post
    Thanks
    dblock

Go Back to forum