• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I move the GPO sample files?

Share/Bookmark

Can I move the GPO sample files?

I'm getting more disk space, which unfortunately is on another partition. I would like to move a bunch of sample files to the new space.

Can I just move the folders and replace them with links? Is there a way to permanently reset the locations? Do I have to reinstall from scratch? Other suggestions?

Re: Can I move the GPO sample files?

Yes they are moveable. Depending on exactly which folders you move, you may need to re-specify the location. The instrument loading files (nki) use a relative path to the three one-gig monolith sample files (nkm). You can move the nkm's without touching the instrument definition files, but you will need to open the Options menu (if KP1) or the Info tab (if KP2) and specify the new location under "Library Installation Path."

Rescanning the plugins after the move is probably unnecessary, but wouldn't hurt if you experience problems.

Best,
    Reegs

My monolithic instrument files seem to be .nks files, if that matters.
    There are also .nkc files.

But it sounds like I should just be able to copy the entire file structure somewhere else. I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens. I can always copy them back...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    My monolithic instrument files seem to be .nks files, if that matters.
    Yeah, that's what they are. nkm's are multi's. My mistake.

Go Back to forum