• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Moment - EXTENDED DUE TO POPULAR REQUEST

Share/Bookmark

The Moment - EXTENDED AS REQUESTED

When I posted this the first time, several people wanted a longer version. So here it is:

The Moment

Re: The Moment - EXTENDED DUE TO POPULAR REQUEST

Mike,

Since I did not hear the original I can only speak to this version of it. Very lovely work indeed. I do enjoy the sustained feeling of the underlying sung chords, continuously waiting for the next transition to occur. Sometimes guessing correctly where it will go and sometimes not. I presume that the orchestra is of the GPO flavor. Really well done. Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Re: The Moment - EXTENDED AS REQUESTED

The string orchestra is GPO. The choir is EWQL Symphonic Choirs. Those are the only two libraries used.

Thanks for listening! I appreciate your feedback.

Have a terrific evening.

YEAH, Mike - hehe, "due to popular request" - Well you're right, I remember that was indeed the case. And it's a great thing that you gave it to the demands of your worshipful public because this is So super to hear in the new extended form.

You totally rule both GPO and your Symphonic Choirs.

--but it's so - moving, I'm getting all sad now. I need a hit of something more light weight. AH, I know, I'll play one of my tunes from "Dorian Gray"--hehe.

Great to see you here again, "Infinite5ths."

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Randy!

Well, I'm pushing myself a bit now that I finally have a composition rig (rather than a sorry excuse for a DAW). I also spent about 8 hrs over the last couple of days editing an hour and a half of home video (filmed by yours truly) from my sister's birthday. [I actually have THREE sisters, so the odds are good that I'll be doing this again...] Since that is done (and rendering to MOV in Vegas on the DAW as I type), I'll be taking it with me on the laptop Saturday.

Saturday I leave for New Haven, CT to record a Bach album (I'm the engineer), visit the US Open and then head to Tulsa to play in a symphony concert.

So I'm pleased to say that I actually feel kinda productive. The quad-core DAW and laptop (with Sibelius for scoring on the road & such) have REALLY put the afterburners on my composing workflow. It's so much easier to write when you can do it all the time......and particularly when your main sequencing rig WORKS and works FAST.

Thanks again for listening. It's fun to post stuff here for all to hear. GPO is sounding better every day. THANKS GARY & CO!

Cheers Randy! Play some of that "Dorian Gray" masterpiece for sure. That will cheer you up. Meanwhile, I'll work on writing something more upbeat....like the soundtrack for that birthday party video.

Quintus Maximus,

It is great to see you have extended this piece for the enjoyment of everyone on this forum.

Very enjoyable.

I don't find it sad at all. Rather quite meditative.

Hi Alan!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had fun expanding it, so it's that much better if other's enjoy the results.

Thank you for listening!

This sounds very nice mike. I like the harmonic movement on this and the blend of strings and choir is nice also. Doesn't that symphonic choir that your using take up a lot of CPU and disk space? Nice job.
    -Job

I missed the shorter version. But this is just good. What a huge reverb, good thinking with this kind of music.

Doesn't that symphonic choir that your using take up a lot of CPU and disk space? -- somebody replied

Must be, I think. I liked it.

Raymond

Hi folks!

jaynkate01: Yes, the EWQL Symphonic Choir is a HDD hog, and it's not terribly light on the CPU either - depending on how your use it. [The Wordbuilder FX plugin & accompanying multis are monsters.] But it sounds good and is WAY easier/cheaper to work with than a real choir. Some day I'd love to hear it with real voices....

Raymond62: The reverb was a bit tricky; but I'm happy with it now. One problem with big 'verb like this is that things can get REALLY muddy very fast. I think the current settings have a nice balance of resonance & clarity.

Thanks to both of you for your time and ears!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast