• Register
  • Help

Topic: How make GPO and NI Kontakt 2 working togerther ?

Share/Bookmark

How make GPO and NI Kontakt 2 working togerther ?

I thinking buying GPO and NI Kontak 2 but i really need
    know how make GPO and NI Kontakt 2 working nicely together ? i am undestanding there is some problems in some users. Sorry my bad english.

Re: How make GPO and NI Kontakt 2 working togerther ?

Hi JUPEKU,

In 99% of cases, GPO will work with no problems. It comes with a lighter version of Kontakt that will only play GPO and doesn't have all of the features of the full Kontakt. They call it the Kontakt Player. The player you get on the install CD is version 1. There is an update that can be downloaded for free that will make it version 2. There are some small problems with version 2 because of some small glitches when they were programming it. Those problems will be fixed very soon, and you can still boot up and use version 1 where the problem might interfere with what you are doing. The problems tend to be minor. One example I can give is that the timpani roll sounds a little funny.

You can also buy Kontakt 2 (full). This comes with a lot of extra sounds (no GPO) and features. You can load the GPO instruments into K2 if you have GPO. You will experience the same problems with these patches until their programming is updated. Kontakt 2 full will give you the ability to add scripts and a lot more effects to instruments, as well as create your own instruments.

I would only buy GPO first. You can get the feel of it that way and get used to the Kontakt interface. Then, because you own a product that uses Native instruments technology, you are eligible to buy Kontakt 2 at a reduced price (like $100 USD cheaper). They call it a crossgrade.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

Smile Re: How make GPO and NI Kontakt 2 working togerther ?

yes thanks! and i also going buying gpo first. Many reasons for example money.

Re: How make GPO and NI Kontakt 2 working togerther ?

The Kontakt 2 crossgrade isn't really the best offer, as long as you can buy K2 plus the Tutorial DVD at 249€ (= the crossgrade prize + 20€).

Go Back to forum