Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Last Entry - for a long while

Share/Bookmark

The Last Entry - for a long while

One for the boys:

Simple Things

and one for the girls:

Sunday Afternoon

Some years ago I presented them here as pure JV-1010 sounds. Forbidden action, I learned. Now for the sake of testing KP2 and Sonar I reworked them for GPO. Reverb very modest, as if they play it in your living room (was intended).

Enjoy it.

Raymond

Re: The Last Entry - for a long while

"Enjoy it" - I did indeed. Liked these a lot, Raymond. Nice translation of your old projects into GPO, congrats on doing that so well.

And I really appreciated the small room reverb you used. The instruments sound "real" in a natural sounding space, but you know me, I always prefer a more intimate sound.

But HEY---Um, I listened to Both of these, the one "for the boys" and also the one "for the girls" - does that make me--you know - does that make me Funny??

Actually, come to think of it--Why Did you make the distinction between the two? That's interesting--The Girls got more cool chord comping on the ivories.--NOT THAT I LIKED IT MORE YOU UNDERSTAND--HECK No, I liked the one for the GUYS as much--No, make that MORe, you know? (hikes up pants ala James Cagney and spits on the sidewalk)

ANd what do you mean by "The Last Entry - for a long while"---Does that mean you're retreating into your studio to work on that big project you mentioned recently?

Thanks, Raymond - It's great to see the "cool cat" side of you.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I enjoyed both of these Raymond. Particularly Simple things.

I really like the sound quality you have achieved with these as well.

Cool, Raymond! So that can be your "going into retreat" theme tune. (I only listened to the boys' one.)
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser
    ANd what do you mean by "The Last Entry - for a long while"---Does that mean you're retreating into your studio to work on that big project you mentioned recently?Thanks, Raymond - It's great to see the "cool cat" side of you.Randy B.(rbowser)
    Yes, I will retreat to make and finish the larger orchestral piece I had in mind for a long time. And the distinction: just to write down a few words. I could have stated it otherwise: "One for the weekend and one for the Road". Who bothers?

In Simple things it is not a guitar as you all may have guessed (or not?). It is the (damped) harp. Both pieces were made with the help of BIAB and had at first a much larger instrumentation. To get that "intimate" feeling I left out some and rewrote the piano part (actually played it myself - quantized it).

I forgot to say that the drums are Cakewalk TTS-1 standard set.

Raymond

Thank you all folks. I will miss you and the good music on this forum (though, once in while a will have a peek [spelling?]). And please watch the young guy, who wrote Romantic Poem. He is just great.

See you later, when I finished inputting all the notes in Overture and made a rendering [uhuhuhuh: KP2 and Sonar..... oh. boy?!?!?!]

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

On behalf of this girl here, I would like to thank you for your cool 'Sunday Afternoon' which I heard on this hot saturday noon...
    I also enjoyed the one for the boys...
    Good luck on your big project composing!

Yudit

Thumbs up Re: The Last Entry - for a long while

Raymond, those are a pair! They are Great! Wow, damped harp makes a great guitar.

Good luck on the projects and we'll miss you, hope you return sooner than a long while.

Best Regards,
    David.

I really enjoyed Sunday Afternoon. For some reason I kept getting error messages when I tried to open Simple Things – the Box Net page would come up, but when I clicked “Play”… You played all the piano solo parts of Sunday Afternoon in live? Sounds great.

I see from your other post you didn’t stay gone long. If you continue to take little bits of time off don’t forget to post them for us…
    Trent P. McDonald

Raymond
    Man...........as I have said from the beginning............you guys (and Gals) on this board are GOOOOODDD!!!!!!!!!
    I am trying to work on my christmas carol and was looking for the K. Peace one she had on the board Last week I think and came across your rework here and the the ragtime piece a thread ago..........you guys just blow me away...............you are so good.............
    truckermusic

(after listening today I think I am just going to shorten my name to trux......)
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast