• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 6 issues with Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 6 issues with Kontakt 2

I am still running the trial version of Sonar 6 for a few more days and I'm trying to figure out a few things.

I'm having two problems now. I can't switch banks in KP2 on a single MIDI track. So if I've opened up a new instrument bank, I'm playing one sample and I want to program a release I don't know how to switch to the other sound for the release.

Secondly, when I try to load saved files Sonar crashes. I called Tech support today and he said that I should download the latest version of Kontakt, which I did, and yet I'm still having trouble with it crashing when I try and load something I've already worked on.
    Any ideas?

Re: Sonar 6 issues with Kontakt 2

To switch banks in Kontakt 2 you have to use the DXi version and not the VST version. (or was it the other way around). I use the buttons on my MIDI keyboard to change banks. You could also use the "Event View" to insert bank changes.

I don't know why Sonar chrashes thoug...

-Ranietz-

Talking Re: Sonar 6 issues with Kontakt 2

As far as I know, you can not SAVE with the trial version.
    When and if you buy it, you should not have that problem.

Ted

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

One last thing how do you load the DXi version?

Go to Tools -> Cakewalk Plug-in Manager, then Scan VST Plug-ins. It should appear under DirectX Instruments (DXi) in the Plug-in Categories thingy. Then just insert it in the Synth Rack.

If you can't find the DXi version, maybe you have to reinstall Kontakt 2. If I remember corectly there is an option when you install Kontakt 2 to choose if you want to install the DXi version.

-Ranietz-

Quote Originally Posted by Ranietz
    Go to Tools -> Cakewalk Plug-in Manager, then Scan VST Plug-ins. It should appear under DirectX Instruments (DXi) in the Plug-in Categories thingy. Then just insert it in the Synth Rack.

If you can't find the DXi version, maybe you have to reinstall Kontakt 2. If I remember corectly there is an option when you install Kontakt 2 to choose if you want to install the DXi version.

-Ranietz-
    You shouldn't have to scan anything to see the DXi version. The .dll should be under shared DXi instruments in the Caekwalk folder.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    The .dll should be under shared DXi instruments in the Caekwalk folder.
    And if it is not, just copy Kontakt2DXi.dll from ~\Kontakt 2\DXi to ~\Cakewalk\Shared DXi.

Go Back to forum