• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fair Ground Tune

Share/Bookmark

Talking Fair Ground Tune

Hey,
    I have'nt posted in a while so i'm just posting a piece i arranged from an old midi file i found on my computer.(Link at bottom)
    I dont know the name of this piece so its simply called FAIR GROUND TUNE.
    It originaly was written for a 13 piece band including woodwinds, brass, percussion and so on.
    It's arranged for French Horn(Solo1), Tenor Trombone(Solo) and Tuba(Solo2)
    using GPO.
    This is only one movement for the set of three i arranged using this small brass ensemble.
    Hope you enjoy, Comments welcome good or bad.

Dan
    You can know find the mp3 at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=742439

Re: Fair Ground Tune

I would like to listen to your music but I don't want to "sign up" to do so. Can you provide us with a direct link without having to go through this process? The more places I leave my email address the more SPAM I receive.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I would like to listen to your music but I don't want to "sign up" to do so. Can you provide us with a direct link without having to go through this process? The more places I leave my email address the more SPAM I receive.

Larry
    I'm sorry i forgot that you have to sign up
    i'm currently trying to upload it somewhere else.

Dan

The new link is in the first post

Hiya, Dan

It's been a Long time since you've posted music - Glad to see something up here again from you.

And, good move to provide this through Sound Click - keeps your listeners happier.

I wasn't sure if I understood what you meant in your post. This is your 3 piece arrangement of a MIDI file you found online? - I think that's what you meant-? I mean, as opposed to an original composition of yours?

Like Darwin's current Ragtime piece here in The Listening Room, this is a sweet tribute to the waning days of summer. Brass band in the Gazebo - can't get much more nostalgic and smile-worthy than that.

And the music gives the distinct impression of coming across to us from yesteryear - it's so calm and placid. I think that was the effect you were after? The volume dynamics are narrow, with a pronounced amount of restraint. I kept thinking it was going to get amped up, but the brief piece went pleasantly on its even-keel throughout - and that's OK too.

I want some cotton candy now.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hey randy,
    thanks for your comments!
    it was only a quick piece for fun, ive been bussy at the moment practacing for a upcoming concert.
    Soon i will be re-recording this piece using the new concert band library then i'll look at the dynamics and probably add a part for the Solo Cornet or a baritone or something.
    I'll possibly be adding a percussion part as well to get the overall beat that the original had.
    I'm happy with the result at the moment because it was only a rainy afternoon project (England=Can't get a descent bit of sun)
    Thanks for your comments hopefuly my copy of the new library should be here soon!!

Dan

Dan,

Very nice...very much the small fair band. Nice choice of instruments too.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Very nice job on this, Dan. Well done!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum