• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recuerdos de Don José

Share/Bookmark

Recuerdos de Don José

Sunday. Nobody is uploading new work, everybody is at the barbecue of their neighbours (you don't want that mess in your garden, don't you?). I wanted a break from my orchestral piece. My wife had to do some computerwork, so there was some time to relax with a Coke.

Sunday. Harps are playing, churchbells sound, a beer in one hand, that cremated sausage in the other, the memories of Elvis' death long gone.....

time to: Recuerdos de Don José

honouring a spanish friend of mine, living in Alicante.

Enjoy..."those remains of the day"

Raymond

Re: Recuerdos de Don José

Raymond,

Hehee...very nice. This is a really interesting use of the harp(s) to get the guitar-like feeling. And the writing with the lagging tempo....very cool.

Here is to hoping the rain holds off for the BBQ later.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

So, this is what happens when you sit down to relax? If only my relaxations sounded so nice…

It does sound like a lazy Sunday afternoon. Nice and relaxing.
    Trent P. McDonald

Raymond,

Wonderful piece! Would love to hear this transcribed for solo guitar. Will definitely listen to it again
    This piece made me happy. A wonderful thing

Thanks for posting,
    Dan

Well look who's here - Mr. "Last Entry for a long while" - hehe, your absence was extremely brief, and that's good news.

Really clever use of a Harp to stand in for guitar in your Spanish-styled Sunday afternoon piece.

Perfect start to my day, Raymond - THanks for the mellow music.

P.S. You asked in another thread what "hoot" meant, when you were described as a "hoot." Not a car horn sound - It's American slang for someone who is fun to be around, full of good humor. Nice humm?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Well look who's here - Mr. "Last Entry for a long while" - hehe, your absence was extremely brief, and that's good news.
    I had some troubles with Overture. For any obscure reason it didn't playback, at least "total silence while playing back". Nice for a change. I spent quite a lot finding out why (I am new to Overture). So I only could input 5 pages today.

To give me relief and because my wife wanted "This Black Box" for a while I decided to make that already composed piece for guitars fit for harps. Now it sounds as Guitharps. Thanks for those wonderful "hoots", we should sample these also. [like Gershwin in "An American in Paris"]

Raymond - time for a novel... already almost 10 hrs. work on this bloody thing.

Loved it! What a great use of the harp, Raymond; superb.

Do you think a single player could handle this -- ? Sounds
    to me like one good player maybe could... would enjoy seeing
    the score on it.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Do you think a single player could handle this -- ? Sounds
    to me like one good player maybe could... would enjoy seeing the score on it.
    Four harps involved. Three for the accompaniment and one for the solo.
    So together that makes 8 hands. Enough for getting this done. I didn't care about the pedalling for harp (don't know how to make that Midi Map as the manual GPO says).

Thank you - and others - for the kind words,

Raymond

Oh, I can almost imagine Don José sitting, face to the sky, an idea of smile on his face, his eyes lost in the clouds, thinking to some pleasant memory from his past...

Does your friend know about this dedication?!

A nice, nice piece, Raymond!
    Those harps emulating rythm guitars sound great... and dreaming, which I suppose was exactly your intention!

Thanks for sharing!

Have a great everything!
    Daniele
    "The gold of Captain Rich" - a danbergam's short-movie -> http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=62264

I said goodbye -> http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55669

"Musico ergo sum."
    "GPO : composer = unicorn : R.P.G. player
    Well, the unicorn is to be imagined... but GPO's real!"

D.B.

How great, Raymond!

I like it very much! What a nice melody and harpplaying!

How many harpplayers are playing there?

I like it very much if one uses an instrument not like the most others do... .

Very good, Raymond!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum