• Register
  • Help

Topic: SIR2 is available aaand.. (surprise inside)

Share/Bookmark

SIR2 is available aaand.. (surprise inside)

... it went commercial! Link

I wish Christian good luck with the Nth commercial impulse reverb.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Re: SIR2 is available aaand.. (surprise inside)

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    ... it went commercial! Link

I wish Christian good luck with the Nth commercial impulse reverb.
    Well we cant expect the guy to work for free for the rest of his life...

I'm very exited about this and it's just what i was looking for. Something that can handle HDIR & true stereo at a reasonable price... AND NO DONGLE!!! Altiverb was just too expensive for me.

My question is: Do you guys think the HDIRs that come with it are worth the extra cost? There seem to be only a few. Although i think he will make some more available in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Well we cant expect the guy to work for free for the rest of his life...
    I completely agree with you! Nobody should need to work for free for years.
    The only problem I see is that this is "just another IR reverb". There are plenty of others available which can do the same, including HDIR. Of course they don't show these pretty pictures in their interface.
    But when I wished Christian good luck I really meant it seriously! SIR1 was really good for the price and he deserves succes for working so long and hard on SIR2.

Altiverb was just too expensive for me.
    I'm in the same boat as you are. But remember this: Altiverb can do soooo much more than SIR2 or any other IR reverb. Plus: The guys from Audioease have many years of expertise in this field, while all their competition woefully limps behind. I don't think that anyone (not even someone whose talent I highly value, as for example Christian) would be able to pull off something in their league. Not in this short time.

My question is: Do you guys think the HDIRs that come with it are worth the extra cost? There seem to be only a few. Although i think he will make some more available in the future.
    That's a huge question. Personally I never heard of those Pinguin audio guys and their website suggests that this is a highly unprofessional and amateurish company. I'd love to hear a comparison between this and the Sampliciy IR's which are absolute top notch. Since I bought the latter I never looked upon anything else. It would be interesting to hear how they compare!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

To be honest I'm quit the newb at this and didn't know Altivreb could do more. I though it only had more IRs, and good ones. If anyone care to explain what it can do that SIR 2 cant I'm all ears.

I didn't know there were many others that could handle HDIRs to. I know only of Altiver, and Wizoo which has been discontinued if i understand correctly so that's not an option.

Well, do not think that Christian is laking experience - he did SIR, worked on the WizooVerbs and now SIR2. However, until now HDIR seems quite vaporware to me - I mean it exists, but did it ever prove to sound better than what altiverb overs.

And, well, 'altiverb' was chosen by the VSL people for their engine, well .... they develop together with audioease. So I think that is a prove of potential ....

Personally, being excited about convolution, I am more and more interested in algorithmic reverbs again. Well, milage varies ....

best

Good point about VSL and teaming up with Audio ease...

I though the SIR 2 demos sounded quiet good so unless something better in the same price range comes out I'm going to go with SIR2 myself. I guess i have a good feeling about SIR2.

Hmmm I just converted the price in Can$ and it's a little more...

Go Back to forum