• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO KP2 Update

Share/Bookmark

GPO KP2 Update

Do I need to copy and past this update file into Finale? If so, is it copy and pasted into the Finale 2008 VST folder? What changes should I be looking/listening for?
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Re: GPO KP2 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    Do I need to copy and past this update file into Finale? If so, is it copy and pasted into the Finale 2008 VST folder? What changes should I be looking/listening for?
    If I understand you correctly, it's not just a case of pasting a file into Finale. You have to install this update.

Personally, I uninstalled the previous versions first then reinstalled this new version but this was my choice. I expect most would just install the latest one over the previous one. You won't see any difference in the file name and number as these are exactly the same as previously; the only thing different is the date (24/08/2007).

Regarding the changes, listen for changes in percussion eg. timp rolls and woodwind and cor Anglais legato. There are also changes to some MIDI controllers. Here is the list given with the GPO Update:

What's New?

• The Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2 upgrade brings Kontakt Player 2 compatibility for Mac OS X (Universal Binary) and Windows XP.
    • Please note that in order to install this update, you'll need to request an upgrade serial number. Make sure that your email address is up-to-date. The link is found in the update manager.
    Important Library Installation Info:

If automatic installation cannot be completed, you will have to manually install the remaining library files. Insert the original CDs/DVDs and copy the .nks files from the disks to the GPO KP2 Library folder.

Bugfixes for Kontakt Player 2.2.3

• The velocity>>EQ bug has been fixed in percussive, velocity sensitive instruments (timpani, pizz, etc.) Changes in velocity now correctly modify the brightness of the instruments.
    • Legato activation level error in woodwinds has been fixed. This bug led to a drop in level when legato was engaged.
    • English horn legato error corrected. This bug caused “doubling” due to incorrect switching parameters when legato was engaged.
    • cc7 and cc10 activation changed to be consistent with existing older KP1 settings: Default "off" for Standard Instruments and "on" for Notation instruments.
    • MIDI controller #7 volume range setting has been changed to a consistent "0db" for all libraries
    • Sundry small improvements and bug fixes to player and programming have been made.
    • All changes have been incorporated into the Multis
    • The Finale instrument file now compatible with the KP2 version of GPO
    • Now compatible with Sibelius 5
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Just a reminder to anyone who uninstalls then reinstalls.

The 2.2.2 update MUST be installed before the 2.2.3 update otherwise some of the nki files will be missing.

Please disregard the above .. the 2.2.2 isn't needed with the new 2.2.3.
    Last edited by Michael_uk; 08-27-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Incorrect information
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Just a reminder to anyone who uninstalls then reinstalls.

The 2.2.2 update MUST be installed before the 2.2.3 update otherwise some of the nki files will be missing.
    Are you saying the lib with the NEW 2.2.3 is not complete? That would be no good, since the 2.2.2 is no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    Are you saying the lib with the NEW 2.2.3 is not complete? That would be no good, since the 2.2.2 is no longer available.
    Sorry, as you say the new update is complete so the 2.2.2 isn't needed with this.
    Michael

Thank you Michael.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Go Back to forum