• Register
  • Help

Topic: A new GPO controller concept... (video)

Share/Bookmark

A new GPO controller concept... (video)

greetings!
    in these holydays i finished an home project based on the midibox midi controller www.ucapps.de - http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/acsensorizer_04 - http://www.alchemystudio.it/Strument...orizer_en.html
    basically, it is a box which mounts a distance sensor (known in commercial apparatus as "d-beam") assigned to CC1 to control expression

i found it very funny to work with, and very expressive (maybe more than the modwheel).

i improvised a short piece with GPO violin solo (some debussy influence here, i admit...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GjTuchmUpo

Re: A new GPO controller concept... (video)

It is indeed interesting that you have posted this at much the same time that the theremin has had quite a bit of coverage on this site.

Very interesting effect.

Matteo

Fascinating and great concept! This is a very useful device and I can see different applications.

Can this also detect x and y-axis information in addition to z-axis? If so, you can control two or three things at once. Perhaps one can achieve vibrato by wavering a hand and dynamics by up and down motion. Be interresting to try with the Strad.

Great work! And thanks for the YouTube presentation. Well done!

Gary Garritan

Being a tracker at heart I'd love to see vibrato speed on one axis and vibrato depth on another, but enough of that... this is a pretty cool concept and video and I thank you for sharing it!

Incidentally, what's that program I see hosting GPO on your monitor? It looks vaguely familiar.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Matteo

Can this also detect x and y-axis information in addition to z-axis? If so, you can control two or three things at once. Perhaps one can achieve vibrato by wavering a hand and dynamics by up and down motion. Be interresting to try with the Strad.
    well... actually to detect two axis would mean a wonder... but i still don't know anyone who has developed such a thing... but it would be even more interesting!

Go Back to forum