• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Another KP2 Update?

Share/Bookmark

Another KP2 Update?

I've been reading on this forum about a recent KP2 update. The version I have now is KP 2.2.3.003 - is this the current version? NI Service Center seems to list updates that I've already installed (and I've checked the "don't show previously downloaded files" button) and I was wondering what was up. Thanks for any and all info.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Re: Another KP2 Update?

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    I've been reading on this forum about a recent KP2 update. The version I have now is KP 2.2.3.003 - is this the current version? NI Service Center seems to list updates that I've already installed (and I've checked the "don't show previously downloaded files" button) and I was wondering what was up. Thanks for any and all info.
    As you say, there is another KP 2.2.3 update that was posted on Friday (24/08/2007).

Unfortunately they kept exactly the same file name and number so the only way to tell them apart is by the date.

My post below gives all the info about this update:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55513
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

The first 2.2.3 was just the player, no library updates. At that time, you needed to install 2.2.2 to get the library, then 2.2.3 to get the updated player.

Now, only a combined library-player download is available.
    You can opt to install just the library with the new download.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    The first 2.2.3 was just the player, no library updates. At that time, you needed to install 2.2.2 to get the library, then 2.2.3 to get the updated player.

Now, only a combined library-player download is available.
    You can opt to install just the library with the new download.
    Thanks for clarifying that Craig.
    Michael

OK, I'm thoroughly confused now...
    I updated my GPO and JABB a few weeks back, and it's been working wonderfully in Finale 2008, under WinXP.

I have a version 2.2.2.001 for the Kontact Player 2.

1. What exactly does this NEW update give me?

2. Is it really essential?

3. Will I now spend another week trying to get GPO and JABB to work in Finale?

4. Or is this a very (and I stress VERY) simple update to do?

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    A player and a library with less bugs.

Depends on how much you like bugs

I upgraded today without a hitch. I'm one of those people who have had major problems with NI and their service centre in the past and I was reluctant to make the move. Downloaded the update, ran the installer, that's it, a few less bugs to swat.

OK, I'm thoroughly confused now...
    I updated my GPO and JABB a few weeks back, and it's been working wonderfully in Finale 2008, under WinXP.

I have a version 2.2.2.001 for the Kontact Player 2.

3. Will I now spend another week trying to get GPO and JABB to work in Finale?

(1) The new update fixes the percussion problem which means I can now play my timpani properly. It also fixes the woodwind legato so it plays properly and it fixes a few MIDI controller thingys. Please see the full list of changes I included in my earlier post.

(2) It entirely depends on how much you use percussion and woodwind and how is your expertise using EQ to achieve the exact sound you want.

(3) I did a total uninstall and full reinstall in an hour or so. For those who don't bother with an uninstall then it's even quicker.

(4) Well, for me it was pretty staight forward and went without a hitch. I do have a query on the harp which sounds muffled/muted to me and Gary is asking Tom to look into that one. Even if this does need sorting, at the most Gary said they'll provide an nki file to swap which should take just a minute or so. Anyway, Tom may disagree and the harp might be as it should have sounded all along. We'll see on that one.
    Michael

well, I dove right in and did the update, it took around 20 minutes (mostly because of the download).

and I have to say that NI products are THE most confusing products to update. Nothing in their "service center" rings any truth to the meaning of "service".

first off, it insists on telling me that I need to request a new serial number (which whe I do it tells me I already have).

I had the KP2 2.2.2.001 version installed. And they certainly don't make it easy to know whether or not the copy you now have installed on your computer is registered or not.

Anyways, it went off without a hitch.. just a lot of confusion.

And YES, I did notice something strange about the cor anglais, but I assumed it was my ears that were giving me trouble... in my little "Hokey Pokey" arrangement, the cor anglais DOES sound "doubled" and it was annoying.. it now sounds lovely, exactly as I EXPECT a Garritan instrument to sound!

Again, Gary, THANK-YOU from the bottom of my heart for creating this magnificent tool.

My Download went off without a hitch as well. Of course now the timpani sound bassier so I have to adjust my EQ......AGAIN.

Go Back to forum