• Register
  • Help

Topic: Concert&marching band Studio?

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Concert&marching band Studio?

Hi,
    I'm very pleased to hear the news the the new library is being shipped,
    However there is no studio update on the garritan website.
    The last update on the website was the JABB&GPO studio update!
    Is there going to be a studio update?
    It was be a shame to resieve the library but to be unable to use it!

If anyone knows anything please comment

Dan.

Re: Concert&marching band Studio?

You don't need Studio for the KP2 libraries, and I don't think Studio will ever support KP2 either.

Use a Virtual MIDI Cable (Midi-Yoke on PC; something sismilar on Mac) to route MIDI data from your sequencer/notation program to KP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    ... something sismilar on Mac) ...
    IAC Bus (Built into OS X)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    You don't need Studio for the KP2 libraries, and I don't think Studio will ever support KP2 either.

Use a Virtual MIDI Cable (Midi-Yoke on PC; something sismilar on Mac) to route MIDI data from your sequencer/notation program to KP2.
    Hi Nickie,
    I dont understand?
    I used the studio for GPO, does the KP2 librarys have the same interface as the studio because on the garritan site the picture at the bottom of the concert&marching band page looks like the studio?

Midi Yoke- I downloaded this but it was just a Word Document?
    Do i need this to use the library with sibelius 4?

Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by June-Bug-Dan
    Hi Nickie,
    I dont understand?
    I used the studio for GPO, does the KP2 librarys have the same interface as the studio because on the garritan site the picture at the bottom of the concert&marching band page looks like the studio?

Midi Yoke- I downloaded this but it was just a Word Document?
    Do i need this to use the library with sibelius 4?

Dan.
    You don't need studio because you can load pieces of each library in the same instace of KP2 (e.g. Cello from GPO in slot 1 and EUph Group 1 from CaMB in slot 2). If that link for Midi Yoke didn't work, try this link for Maple Virtual Midi Cables.

Because being able to load instruments from seperate libraries into one KP2 window, Studio is pretty much obsolete.

And yes, you need Virtual midi cables to Use the libraries in Sib 4, or you can buy the upgrade for Sib 5 and have the libraries integrate pretty much hassle free into the software.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Quote Originally Posted by raz.bari.88
    You don't need studio because you can load pieces of each library in the same instace of KP2 (e.g. Cello from GPO in slot 1 and EUph Group 1 from CaMB in slot 2). If that link for Midi Yoke didn't work, try this link for Maple Virtual Midi Cables.

Because being able to load instruments from seperate libraries into one KP2 window, Studio is pretty much obsolete.

And yes, you need Virtual midi cables to Use the libraries in Sib 4, or you can buy the upgrade for Sib 5 and have the libraries integrate pretty much hassle free into the software.
    Hi raz.bari.88,
    Thanks for explaning!
    I wont know if it works untill the library arrives.
    Is that all i need to use the new library or is there something else that i'll find weeks after i load the library?

Dan

P.S (Bari's and Euph's rock)thanks for your help, much appreciated!

That's pretty much all you need to get the libraries to work in Sibelius. All you will need to do is turn the cables on in Sibelius and set the midi input in the Audio Setup menu of KP2 to the correct ports.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

It will work. I used GPO w/ Sib4 connected with Maple MIDI Tools. You won't be able to use Garritan Ambience, but KP2 has builtin reverb.

Thanks for your help!

Go Back to forum