• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO wont load any instruments

Share/Bookmark

GPO wont load any instruments

When i select a instrument to load up nothing happens.
    Anyone know what to do?

Re: GPO wont load any instruments

Hello, superspuds

There is nothing we can give you help on without knowing more about your set up. You must realize that everyone's computer set-up is different, the various programs they're using is different, how they use them is different.

We don't know if you're using GPO inside a DAW like Sonar, or a notation program like Finale. We don't know if you're using KP1 or the recently upgraded Kontact Player 2.

Without having any clue what you're working with, there's no way to try and figure out what might be wrong.

Fill us in with info. There are good technie types who are members here - Someone will straighten things out for you.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

ah yes sorry.

I'm running the program within a DAW and standalone and its the same problem.

I have a AMD Athlon 64 6000 and 4gb ram and windows xp pro

Hello again, superspuds

Thanks for coming back with more info. Your computer is beyond mine, with more than twice the horse power, so that seems OK.

Now, I'm sorry to say this info is still far too vague.

"...When i select a instrument to load up nothing happens..."

Do you mean you don't have a list of instruments inside Kontact? Do you mean that when you go to load an instrument it doesn't make into the Kontact? Do you mean that once you have an instrument inside Kontact, you can't hear anything when you play it?

Help us out here. "Nothing happens" could mean so many things. You need to specifically tell us what steps you are going through and what happens each time you don't get the results you want/need.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I mean that when you go to load an instrument it doesn't make into the Kontact.

Hi--OK! Now we at least know what "nothing happens" means.

I'm hoping that someone a bit more technically clever than me will show up on this thread to help out also, but meanwhile--

--Sounds to me you might not have your Kontact player looking in the right place for the sounds? Hummm, but then how could the menu of instruments be showing up - Well, in Kontact Player 2 (is that the one you're using, or are you using the previous KP1?) you click on "Info" in GPO's GUI and at the bottom of the pop-up it shows what the library installation path is. Obviously, the library has to be in the folder where Kontact is looking.

But you're saying that when you choose an instrument, it just never shows up in the Kontact window? Or is it listed but you can't hear it?

I'm about out of ideas - Hope someone else joins in, like I said. Meanwhile, the more words you use to explain the problem, superspuds, the more likely it is that the problem can be untangled.

I take it that GPO is a recent purchase of yours, and you've never successfully used it?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Ive successfully used it for a while on my old computer now ive got this new amd computer it doesn't seem to be working.

I select the instrument and it doesn't show up at all and the program has recognised where the sounds are.

Well, dang, I'm out of clues. I've never heard of such a thing. I suspect it's a relatively simple user error, but this whole picture is still so fuzzy there's absolutely no way to know what that error could be.

Now, it's someone else's turn to brainstorm on it.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I installed the update and it works now :-)

Ah! Well that's good news. It's a nice tribute to how the update Can work things out for people, even though there apparently are still struggles that some folks are having with using it in Finale.

Thanks for the report.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum