With all the upgrade stuff going on, I thought the following info would be helpful:
1. If you already have the K2 player version of GPO, you need to look under GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA KP2 for your upgrade, NOT under GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA. Your download is dated 2007-08-24 and is 59.13 MB.
2. Open the standalone K2 Player & look at the version and date on the splash screen. You should see 2.2.3.003 and a build date of July 13, 2007. If you can't catch the splash screen, clicking on the KP logo should show 2.2.3.003 as well
3. Go to C:\PROGRAM FILES\NATIVE INSTRUMENTS\KONTAKT PLAYER 2\VSTPLUGINS. The three .DLLs in that folder should be 220.127.116.11, dated 6/25/07.
4. Finale users should copy these three .DLLs into C\PROGRAM FILES\FINALE 200x (x=6,7,and/or 8)\FinaleVST folder.
5. Overture users should copy these three .DLLs into whichever folder you defined in Overture's Preferences as the home for VSTs.
6. Open Finale and load a document. Go to MIDI/AUDIO and go to VST setup. Choose a K2 Player and open it. It should show 2.2.3.003 when you click on the Kontakt Logo.
7. In either the standalone K2 player or the Finale K2 player you just opened, select (full) GPO-KP2 and load a regular (NON-notation) instrument. Click on the gears on the upper left of the instrument you loaded. "Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan" should be UNCHECKED, and for MIDI controller #7 (volume) range, you should see 0 dB.
This should ensure that you are good to go, at least for standalone, Finale, and Overture.