• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pc Updaters: Got The Right Stuff???

Share/Bookmark

Pc Updaters: Got The Right Stuff???

Hi, all!

With all the upgrade stuff going on, I thought the following info would be helpful:

1. If you already have the K2 player version of GPO, you need to look under GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA KP2 for your upgrade, NOT under GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA. Your download is dated 2007-08-24 and is 59.13 MB.

2. Open the standalone K2 Player & look at the version and date on the splash screen. You should see 2.2.3.003 and a build date of July 13, 2007. If you can't catch the splash screen, clicking on the KP logo should show 2.2.3.003 as well

3. Go to C:\PROGRAM FILES\NATIVE INSTRUMENTS\KONTAKT PLAYER 2\VSTPLUGINS. The three .DLLs in that folder should be 2.2.3.3, dated 6/25/07.

4. Finale users should copy these three .DLLs into C\PROGRAM FILES\FINALE 200x (x=6,7,and/or 8)\FinaleVST folder.

5. Overture users should copy these three .DLLs into whichever folder you defined in Overture's Preferences as the home for VSTs.

6. Open Finale and load a document. Go to MIDI/AUDIO and go to VST setup. Choose a K2 Player and open it. It should show 2.2.3.003 when you click on the Kontakt Logo.

7. In either the standalone K2 player or the Finale K2 player you just opened, select (full) GPO-KP2 and load a regular (NON-notation) instrument. Click on the gears on the upper left of the instrument you loaded. "Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan" should be UNCHECKED, and for MIDI controller #7 (volume) range, you should see 0 dB.

This should ensure that you are good to go, at least for standalone, Finale, and Overture.

HTH,
    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: Pc Updaters: Got The Right Stuff???

Regarding item 7.
    Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan is in my player CHECKED, and for MIDI controller #7 (volume) range, I see 12 dB!

Is that an indication that my update isn't correct?

The splash screen shows 2.2.3.003 and July 13, 2007.

For a notation instrument the two parameters are the same as a non notation instrument. Is that correct?

Best

Mats

I'm curious whether any other Finale 2008 users have found those "Kontakt2_8out.DLL" and "Kontakt2_16out.DLL" files in their /FinaleVST folders.

Anyways, for any Finale 2008 users, if you DO have those, and you find that Fin'08 isn't recognizing its very own Finale Edition GPO and Garritan Sounds for Finale, then don't be afraid to remove those two files. At least move them to a DISTANT "back-up" folder... it solved my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram
    Regarding item 7.
    Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan is in my player CHECKED, and for MIDI controller #7 (volume) range, I see 12 dB!

Is that an indication that my update isn't correct?

The splash screen shows 2.2.3.003 and July 13, 2007.

For a notation instrument the two parameters are the same as a non notation instrument. Is that correct?

Best

Mats
    Mats,

Are you talking about GPO or JABB?
    Did you perhaps move the library location?
    When you ran the updater, did you check "include library"?

If you use GPO, it is easy to download the wrong updater. I think several people did, actually. See point #1, and look for that download. Install it...make sure to CHECK "include library."
    Once you have made the upgrade properly, the non-notation instruments should NOT look like the notation instruments.

Please stay in touch when you make the other download.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    1. If you already have the K2 player version of GPO, you need to look under GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA KP2 for your upgrade, NOT under GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA. Your download is dated 2007-08-24 and is 59.13 MB.
    It's listed in both places. It doesn't matter which one you select, it's the same file.

Jim,

I'm quite positive I checked 'include library'.

Maybe I've downloaded the wrong update. I'll have to check that.
    Has there been two different updates with the same version number (2.2.3)?
    I think I first ran a 2.2.2 update and then a 2.2.3.

I was first talking about GPO. It has 'Checked & 12dB' for both notation and non-notation.
    Then I noticed I've got two sets of GPO_Library_part(1-3).nks
    Where do I change the pointer to which one is being used?

My JABB library is in only one location but it is not right either.
    It's 'Checked & -6dB' for non-notation (which is wrong) and 'Checked & 0dB' for notation (which is correct?)

It seems to be a mess. Maybe it's better to uninstall everything and do it all over? I rather not though.

Hoping for help....

Mats

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    It's listed in both places. It doesn't matter which one you select, it's the same file.
    Do both offer the option to update the library?
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    Do both offer the option to update the library?
    It's the exact same download. The exact same link is posted in both areas.

Hi, Snorlax

I finally did the KP2 update and everything seems to be working perfectly. The upgrades, registrations, permissions etc all went smoothly for me. I now have my GPO, JABB and Strad all appearing inside the various versions of Kontact, complete with their various skins - etc. - No glitches that I've come across so far. I think it works out more simply and smoothly for people like me who aren't using notation programs.

But in the list of things to check, you refer to 6/25 as the date for the most recent .dll files. Nothing in any of my folders is as old as that. The date that keeps coming up for me is 7/13 - as it does for Tangram.

I don't want to borrow trouble, since I'm having no problems with the upgrade. But I'm wondering why there's that discrepancy in the dating--?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

OK, problems solved!

I didn't realize that it was a second updater for 2.2.3.003. Very misleading.
    It should have been named something else.
    I dl'ed both GPO and JABB. After installing these everything works as it should.
    But...
    KontaktPlayer.dll is dated 3 aug 2007 - Not 6/25/07 !

And a little flaw - The logo picture for JABB (in KP2) is replaced by a solid blue area, see below.

It's ok, but I can't help thinking not everything is alright.....

I still wonder how to move the GPO_Library....nks files?
    Where is the link to the database?

Thank you for your help!

/Mats

Go Back to forum