• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cello and Flute

Share/Bookmark

Cello and Flute

It will be another month or so until I am rich enough to afford to purchase GPO for Sibelius. I do however already possess JABB, which is where this flute came from. The cello is from Sibelius. I recorded them seperately and used Audacity to join them together. This is the first time I have ever used Audacity, so it is not perfect, but I think I got them in synch. Although there are a couple of places where for some untold reason they seem to be out of synch.

I have been wanting to show my classical side and since I can not post any of my symphonic works until I get GPO, this will have to suffice.

I created this by improv'ing on the piano and adding a flute to the score. Then I deleted the piano and added the cello.

This is supposed to be a duet for a Flute and a Cello, but since I do not have a single cello, I have to use Sibs 18 piece sound. Sorry...

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Here it is:
    http://www.box.net/shared/zp2qqe46bm

Re: Cello and Flute

Hey Ron,
    Cant wait for you to get the GPO too. I know you have a lot of great works you would like to post here soon.
    This is interesting; starts very disjointed and slowly merges together to create a jagged coherency. The flute lines remind me of the bird "Woodstock" from the "Charlie Brown" cartoons. Flipping and flying almost with a chaotic control - and somehow always lands on target.
    Great job on this!; very expressive and creative to say the least!

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Thank you Michael. Once again you help to give me inspiration to continue. I know the sounds aren't what they can be, but I am still learning. School started back up again yesterday, and 2 of the 3 Math classes are going to be interesting and time consuming as I predicted. Tons of homework already.
    But that also means I am closer to getting my school loans and GPO

Ron,

that`s great! I am sure, if you have the full GPO in your hands, we all can listen to great music from you!

Best

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I liked your flute and cello duo. I’m looking forward to hearing what you’ll do with the full GPO.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist
    Ron,

that`s great! I am sure, if you have the full GPO in your hands, we all can listen to great music from you!

Best

Gunther
    Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    I liked your flute and cello duo. I’m looking forward to hearing what you’ll do with the full GPO.
    I appreciate you guys giving my work a listen and I promise once I get sib5 w /GPO I will post better sounds and effects than what I am stuck with now.

Ron

Hi, Rolifer - I'm really glad you've joined our group. You've brought with you music unlike any I've heard posted here before. I perk up when I see your name attached to a LR post. Cello and Flute tweaked my head in yet a new way - I enjoy having my head tweaked.

It's great that you're getting GPO. I still am amazed at the size and depth of the library every time I open it up.

See you again soon I hope!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

This sounds very nice to me. It has a very impressionistic sound to it. I would be curious to see what it would sound like with the gofriller cello. I like the flute work. -Jay

HI Rollifer,

Very interesting. Has a great stream-of-consciousness feel to it. I too can't wait to hear what you will do with GPO.

Congrats,
    Matt

Harmonically, rhythmically, and organizationally this is built in
    exactly the same way as other "Jazz" pieces you've graced us
    with recently, Ron, so I'm not sure where the "classical side"
    comes in. Not that labels matter much.

Actually, I think the full cello section works rather better with
    this than a solo 'cello might!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.coim