• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: A Happy KP2 Customer - me!

Share/Bookmark

A Happy KP2 Customer - me!

I've been watching the various reports on the KP2 ever since the upgrade came out. Every time I thought I'd go for it, there'd be more reported hassles, and I'd decide to wait longer. Well, it's usually good to wait until the smoke clears before taking a software upgrade.

But this new "final" version that came out this past Friday the 24th sounded like the time was right. It was good that both the library and the player were in one download.

So, throughout this busy day, I kept stepping through the process - taking a bit longer than it would for some people because my music computer is offline, and I had to transfer the various registration codes and permissions back and forth via a USB drive. But nothing was very complicated, and all went very smoothly.

NOW I've had a great, fun evening of poking around with the KP2 which now hosts my GPO, JABB and Strad. It is very cool indeed. I suppose it's mostly redundant of what I already have and can do inside Sonar, but it's slick to have just the one player with all the libraries loaded. Nice--And the effects seem pretty decent. Re-assigning the audio tracks to my liking was easy - I'd started experimenting with that last week when trying to help Raymond sort the KP2 mixer out.

AND - it's Great to finally realize that Impulse Responses from any source will work in the player's convolution plugin. The little library it comes with is a good start, but now's the time to reach into your folders of all those free S.I.R. IRs and drag them into KP2 - it's great!

I'd already understood that one has to drag the IRs into KP2 when it's in stand-alone mode, not inside a host. That problem still exists in this upgrade. No biggie. Then you save them as presets. No sweat. It's great - not only the S.I.R. files, but I had another folder of IRs I found somewhere with strange spaces like inside vacuum cleaner tubes, inside buckets, pots, old radios etc---There they all are, accessible in one easy interface along with the Garritan instruments. Now that's pretty slick.

SO - I suppose something could trip me up at some point, but so far, I'm VERy happy. AND it was a relief to see that opening up my older projects is no problem - The old players with the templates I had set up for various projects, that all comes up the same as before.

GO FOR it if you haven't already. I'm VERY glad I waited, but can say now I've never been happier with a free upgrade.

YAAAH!

AND I need to thank both NICKIE and TONY for helping me out with some details - You two were very patient and helpful. THANKS!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Re: A Happy KP2 Customer - me!

Hi Randy,

I suppose you now alter some of your Dorian pieces into: DORIAN GETS KP2!!

By the way: I tried to send some emails to you personal email address and the system administrator keeps telling me that those mails are refused, because of possible SPAM. I am sure I didn't sent you SPAM and noticed that as soon as I include some http://..... etc. the message was blocked. It is quite annoying, that I have to send every message twice or more....... using different words.

Looks like that Elvis song: "Return to sender"

Raymond

Thumbs down Re: A Happy KP2 Customer - me!

NOT me!

Today I tried the following.

Uninstalled all Garritan Stuff, including the already updated KP2.2.2 and KP2.2.3, as presented before the newer KP2.2.3 update (got the licenses, e.a.). So I had a blank system.

Installed Garritan GPO
    Installed Garritan Strad
    Got the permission of NI

Installed the newest all-in-update KP2.2.3, which I downloaded yesterday.
    Already had that new code-/license number from the earlier update, see above. All things went ok. Activated on NI the new stuff. All well at the Berlin front.

Started KP2 stand-alone. Loaded the Strad and loaded GPO.
    The Strad came up in full colour and GPO came up without the graphics.
    I could load an instrument, but that was completely grayed-out.

Am I happy, now that I had to uninstall it all again and re-install the whole lot? No. I again installed: GPO and the Strad. Activated them at NI.
    Second I did the KP2.2.2 install/update (with activation) and then the old KP2.2.3. Now it is working again.

But still I don't have those "New-praised-better-glitchless-update"
    Or is it superfluous? At least I don't have muffled harps.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    NOT me!

........Started KP2 stand-alone. Loaded the Strad and loaded GPO.
    The Strad came up in full colour and GPO came up without the graphics.
    I could load an instrument, but that was completely grayed-out.....

Raymond
    Interesting because I also installed the latest update and GPO is "greyed-out" (without graphics), but I can load and play the instruments.

See thread: Installation 2.2.3

I don´t know what I´m doing wrong. But I am still happy.
    Last edited by Aquarius; 08-28-2007 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Just improving my english.
    "Every journey, even one of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    I don´t know what I´m doing wrong. But I am still happy.
    You must be, because in Sweden they have something called Hästens <gringrin>

Raymond

So, this 2.2.3 is diffrent than the previous 2.2.3, but is not a 2.2.4?

I will try it.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce
    So, this 2.2.3 is diffrent than the previous 2.2.3, but is not a 2.2.4?

I will try it.
    This one includes the updated library. The old one was just the player. If you already installed the other 2.2.3, you just need to install the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    This one includes the updated library. The old one was just the player. If you already installed the other 2.2.3, you just need to install the library.
    Thanks very much your answer
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    I don't get it. Read my previous message carefully. I uninstalled everything from Garritan and KP and installed GPO and Strad again (the ones shipped). Next I installed the "all-in-one" new KP2.2.3 update. And that was just the problem, only the Strad came up in full colour. The rest was grayed or blue-ish gray or gray-ish blue (depends on the gamma of your monitor).

Raymond - feeling blue

I'm so happy for you. Nice to hear a person is happy. Happiness is like having her ice cream and meatballs too. Kinda like Italian ice with a side order of Sushi. Toast and tuna fish sausage wrap New York Deli style. (Warning, stay away from Spiggetti style fruit loops.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum