• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2nd Violin sounds flat

2nd Violin sounds flat

Does anybody else's 2nd violin sound a little flat? It's only the KS instrument. I can change to using the short bows or lush instrument and it sounds fine, so I don't think the cents adjustment in the player is the problem. I would really like to use the KS instrument but I don't dare because it sounds out-of-tune with everything else.

Re: 2nd Violin sounds flat

P.S. I forgot to mention it's the 2nd violin section, not the solo strings.

Raising the second violins KS sections sound 7 cents in the player makes most of the notes in tune here.

I usually use GOS strings, and I remember along time ago that some of the violin sections in GPO were flat relative to A 440hz, I just didn't remember which.

Your ears have seved you well.

This is indeed interesting. Ray in Stirling was insistent that the violins in one of my pieces were flat. This may be why. I will look into this.

Dan, 7 cents you reckon?

7 cents sounds good here,

Thanks for that. I will try it tonight. I was trying to tune the cents with the knob, which seems to only go 1 cent at a time. But maybe I can type in .07 instead.

Thanks for the tip - .07 cents seems to do it. I also found out that you hold down the shift key and drag the mouse to adjust in fractions of a cent.

Go Back to forum