• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Is This Legit?

Share/Bookmark

OT - Is This Legit?

Go Here
    I'm trying to find the full score (no parts) for all four Movements of Dvorak's New World Symphony. This is the only one I could find online. Anyone know if this one is the full score? Ad if not, were I can get it a copy of it fairly cheap?
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Re: OT - Is This Legit?

check out www.sheetmusicplus.com

I just did a quick search there for you and they have several versions from $5.95 as well as a version in 88 pages that comes with a CD for $10.95

Oh just checked your link - this is the same one (the latter) I mentioned.

They also have a 180 page miniature version for $15.95.

There are some incredible things there like CDs of Beethoven's music - 1900 pages on CD for $11. I have just ordered that one - no idea what to expect but we will see.

There's a free one here:-

http://www.imslp.org/wiki/Symphony_N...ADn_Leopold%29

I just tried downloading it, and it seemed a little fuzzy, but that may be becuase the pdf is optimized for printing - I haven't tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    There's a free one here:-

http://www.imslp.org/wiki/Symphony_N...ADn_Leopold%29

I just tried downloading it, and it seemed a little fuzzy, but that may be becuase the pdf is optimized for printing - I haven't tried that.
    It looks more like a scan. I'm going to try printing a page though.

I might just spend the $10 on amazon and hope it's something good. I want it so I can try arranging it for Marching Band (I need something to do until I start college next semester)
    Anthony Abruscato

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Lightbulb Re: OT - Is This Legit?

Quote Originally Posted by raz.bari.88
    Go Here
    I'm trying to find the full score (no parts) for all four Movements of Dvorak's New World Symphony. This is the only one I could find online. Anyone know if this one is the full score? Ad if not, were I can get it a copy of it fairly cheap?
    JW Pepper has the study score for $30 (catalog #5956057). If the Amazon version doesn't meet your needs, this one should.

Enjoy!

Grant
    Last edited by GDG; 08-28-2007 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added link
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Thanks Pingu for the site reference - I didn't know this existed!

The International Music Score Library Project.

Fantastic.

Thanks everyone!

I checked out the score on IMSLP.ca, and it's really blurry because it's a low res scan. I'm not exactly sure what come in the study scores, whether there full scores or just piano reductions (sadly, non of them have a look inside feature).

I did find this one after a couple minutes of googling (here). It's a dover publication, and I bought there version of The Planets, and they appear to be copies of the original thing, so I know it's a full score. I might go with that one (it has the 8th and 9th Symphony). It also appears to be the one that the PDF on IMSLP is scanned from (258 pages).

I'm trying to make a Band arragement similar to '89 Phantom Regiment (I love that arragement))
    Anthony Abruscato

Go Back to forum