• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Announcing - A $99 Symphony Orchestra!

Share/Bookmark

Announcing - A $99 Symphony Orchestra!

Enter VSPro Sapphire

With the release of the massive VSPro Ruby, and REALLY massive VSPro Diamond orchestral libraries, I thought that it's time to create a really lean, yet really good sounding orchestral library that could be run on just about any up-to-date rig. And I wanted to make it perform just like VSPro Ruby and sound as good as possible for those who are on a budget. That means pulling from the same samples as VSPro Ruby and/or VSPro Emerald, and having the same scripting that VSPro Ruby has such as intervaLive®, Round Robin, and keyswitching. And the price must be absolutely unbeatable.

VSPro Sapphire is a 1-DVD orchestral sample library designed to have a very small footprint. However, the playability is exactly the same as the 12-DVD VSPro Ruby Library, and the sound is surprisingly similar as well!

Included are:

•1st Violins
    •2nd Violins
    •Violas
    •Cellos
    •Basses

•Trumpets
    •French Horns
    •Trombones
    •Tubas

•Piccolo
    •Flute
    •Oboe
    •English Horn
    •Clarinet
    •Bass Clarinet
    •Bassoon
    •Contrabassoon

•Percussion

•Concert Hall Impulse for use in Convolution Reverb

At a mere $99.00, you cannot find a better deal for a high quality symphonic orchestral library, period!

And once you get a "taste" of VSPro Sapphire, you'll no doubt want to upgrade to the massive VSPro Ruby or VSPro Diamond libraries.

Re: Announcing - A $99 Symphony Orchestra!

By the way, the new website looks terrific!

This looks like the perfect solution for all those folks who are crashing their Receptors trying to run large orchestral Kontakt libraries. Do you know if anyone has tested this library with a Receptor? I just bought a Receptor/Komplete and also just got your Diamond set from the pre-release sale, and haven't yet had a chance to get it all working together.

I'd consider asking if there might be a discount for this little set for those of us who have already bought the Diamond set, but your asking price is already such a bargain that I can't bring myself to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TechEverlasting
    I'd consider asking if there might be a discount for this little set for those of us who have already bought the Diamond set, but your asking price is already such a bargain that I can't bring myself to do it.
    Good! Truly, I've always tried to be more than aggressively competitive where pricing/quality are concerned. But at this price, I don't think I can offer such paths at this time...

As far as Receptor, I've not yet tested it. However, I'm putting together some sample "load and go" multies and will try to post a memory count. Although that won't give you a polyphony load count, it should help, right?

Seriously, I would never ask for a discount on a $99 symphony! Even though I probably already have every one of those samples in the Diamond set, the hours it would take to get a workable version of those instruments that would fit on one DVD are worth a lot more than $99.

I'm far from an expert on the Receptor having just gotten mine last week. I've spent quite a bit of time playing the included Kontakt libraries (which are mostly dreadful) on multiple channels and my observation is that the Achilles heel of this system is the direct from disk sample loading. Polyphony doesn't seem to be a problem, but with a few channels at a time streaming large sample files the clicks and drop outs are unacceptable. The Receptor is also known to crash when trying access huge Kontakt libraries (mine did twice) but it is otherwise a very stable platform. The Receptor maxes out at 2 GIG ram, and I think most of that is available to load samples when running Kontakt. Thus it should be a brilliant platform for playing symphonic samples live as long as the library can fit in less than 2 GIG. Using two Receptors to access a divided 4 GIG library would still be practical for what I'm trying to do. My ultimate interest is in live performance for musical theater, which is why an easy to use all-in-one system like the Receptor is so appealing.

Truly incredible! How can KHSO get any better. Well, Kirk did it again! How can he possibly fit an orchestra in that tiny little DVD case?

Congratulations. I know this will be a massive hit!

Mike

Wow Kirk! Looks and sounds amazing! It's probably time for me, as an old guitar hero-wannabe to get my wallet out and invest in a symphony library!
    Congrats!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

WOW!

That's the best offer I could ever imagine! The best package! Well done Kirk!

Hi all, this is my first post here. I saw this library mentioned on KvR and it really sounds like an amazing deal. I've been trying to include some orchestral flavours in my tracks in the past but I never got a convincing sound and this seems like the perfect first library for me. One question though: is there any chance that there will be a download version of the library too?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc JX8P
    One question though: is there any chance that there will be a download version of the library too?
    We are considering that. But at 4.6 GB, it's still pretty big for downloading.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast