• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Concert Band Piece with new CMB

Share/Bookmark

Concert Band Piece with new CMB

It's been ages since I've had the time to post, but have snuck in now and then to listen to as many pieces as I can; it's great to hear such impressive, diverse music continuing to manifest itself through the talent of the forum dwellers and, quite obviously, the genius of Gary and Tom.

I was fortunate enough to be a beta tester for the Concert/Marching Band library, and was impressed with everything about it from the moment I jumped in and got to work on my first project. I only nicked the tip of the proverbial iceberg with the demos I came up with; the overall capability of the program is utterly awesome, and those of you about to receive your orders will be overjoyed with your new toy.

This middle school/junior high level band piece, The Wind Down Dornóch Bay, was realized completely with CMB. It's far from perfect, but I think you'll hear at least some hint of the possibilities that lie within CMB.

http://www.dannywilliamsmusic.com/Wi...DornochBay.mp3

Danny

Re: Concert Band Piece with new CMB

Danny,
    Where were you when I was directing middle school bands back in the 70's and 80's? Really nice piece. Very playable for middle school students. I hope you will publish this. It's excellent!
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Wow DDW,

Great piece it really shows the potential of this library!
    I wondered if you could tell me what instruments were used in this piece?

A great piece i cant wait for mine to come! until then i'll just listen to these wonderful pieces!!

Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee
    Danny,
    Where were you when I was directing middle school bands back in the 70's and 80's? Really nice piece. Very playable for middle school students. I hope you will publish this. It's excellent!
    Thanks very much, Jerry!
    Actually, I was directing middle school bands right along with you in the 80's and 90's. Published... hmmm, that would be great!

Thanks again, Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by June-Bug-Dan
    Wow DDW,

Great piece it really shows the potential of this library!
    I wondered if you could tell me what instruments were used in this piece?

A great piece i cant wait for mine to come! until then i'll just listen to these wonderful pieces!!

Dan.
    Dan,

You're going to have a blast with the CMB library, guaranteed! For this piece, I used a very typical middle school instrumentation:

Piccolo
    Flutes
    Oboe
    Bassoon
    Clarinets (1st & 2nd)
    Bass Clarinet
    Alto Saxes
    Tenor Saxes
    Bari Sax
    French Horns
    Trumpets (1st & 2nd)
    Trombones (1st & 2nd)
    Baritone Horns
    Tubas

This along with a basic percussion set (including mallet instruments and some aux. percussion).

Thanks very much for your comments, Dan!

Danny

Great piece and rendering. It's very exciting to hear the new library in action. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Great piece and rendering. It's very exciting to hear the new library in action. Thank you.
    Thanks, Louis; the new library is, indeed, quite exciting -- as many are about to discover for themselves.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Danny

I agree with the others who have said you should get this published. Great piece for young bands.

Only one problem with the rendering, and I must say it really took away from the realism for me:

Where are the clarinet squeeks and cracked notes from the brass!?!? It is also entirely too much in tune. Back to the drawing board!

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    I agree with the others who have said you should get this published. Great piece for young bands.

Only one problem with the rendering, and I must say it really took away from the realism for me:

Where are the clarinet squeeks and cracked notes from the brass!?!? It is also entirely too much in tune. Back to the drawing board!
    Thanks ALynn.

...and I do agree with you on the rendering. However, I can't yet afford the Garritan C&TD (Clam &Tone Deaf library ).

Glad you enjoyed it; thanks again!

Danny

I love that melody. It is very pretty. I closed my eyes and did not picture an actual school band as much as I did those organs that run all the instruments mechanically like the one at the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar California.

Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Quote Originally Posted by schneb
    I love that melody. It is very pretty. I closed my eyes and did not picture an actual school band as much as I did those organs that run all the instruments mechanically like the one at the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar California.
    Thanks, Scneb. By the way, that's a huge organ.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast