• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Marching Band Fanfare (GCMB version)

Share/Bookmark

Marching Band Fanfare (GCMB version)

Last year I posted this fanfare using GPO and followed it up with live video of the premiere. (Link to the original thread)

Here is the same piece using the Concert and Marching Band library. Does the marching percussion kick @ss OR WHAT?

Plano Fanfare (GCMB)

Re: Marching Band Fanfare (GCMB version)

Oh, I forgot to mention my favorite part - GCMB includes a Finale percussion map that is compatible with the RowLoff drum map, so you don't have to redo your drums when you convert older arrangements to GCMB!!

Great stuff! Loved it. Makes me wish I were younger and an active band director again.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargason
    Here is the same piece using the Concert and Marching Band library. Does the marching percussion kick @ss OR WHAT?
    Yes, they do! Thanks for sharing. It really shows off the potential of the new library.

Hi, Dargason

I remember very well your original posts of this piece - Thanks so much for showing us the new Marching Band version. You're so right about the percussion - sounds fantastic.

Very exciting to finally be hearing what can be done with the new library - This is a really good demo of it!

Randy B.
    (rbowser

I really like your fanfare. And yes, the percussion sounds great.
    Trent P. McDonald

There were earlier posts that wondered what would be that much different about a concert marching band library compared to GPO.

Even I had some of those thoughts but my ears have laid my concerns to rest.

It sounds like the GCMB library concept was a great idea for an ignored market.

Thanks for posting.

Phil

A very nice sound. The marching band library sounds like it is going to be a hit. Thanks for posting.
    -Jay

Very nice, and I went to the old post, the piece is very nice too for the dallas band !
    I can't wait to receive my garritan box ... just ordered yesterday, but that's a log way to France !

I have so many pieces to adapt with it ...

Anyone using it with Finale ? Is it easy or will I have to save my file in midi and rework it with sonar as usual ?

Thanks for reply
    Alex
    Windows XP. P4.
    Full GPO and CoMB.
    Finale 2008 and Sonar 7 PE.

Mostly writing music for concert Band.
    Publishing his own work.
    http://www.alexandrecarlin.com/catalog

Quote Originally Posted by Irish28
    Anyone using it with Finale ? Is it easy or will I have to save my file in midi and rework it with sonar as usual ?
    This demo was made straight out of Finale 2008. I only had to load the GCMB patches in the VST Setup screen and adjust some volumes in the Instrument List. The "VDL Finale Map" that comes with GCMB allowed my percussion mappings to work just fine with no conversion. Much easier than I expected!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast