• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio CPU 30% while idle...?

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio CPU 30% while idle...?

Hello,

My GigaStudio system has started to glitch with very high CPU in the red. I have just finished a rebuild with fresh Windows install.

Even when sitting idle with instruments loaded and with RAM use at 35%, no midi playing though, the CPU reads 30%.

I don't recall this CPU sitting so high when idle before.

Does anybody have any idea why it might be so?

Thanks,

Dean

Re: GigaStudio CPU 30% while idle...?

I have similar problem with midi yoke installed. Needed to uninstall it and it was ok later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Parker
    Hello,
    Even when sitting idle with instruments loaded and with RAM use at 35%, no midi playing though, the CPU reads 30%.
    Does anybody have any idea why it might be so?
    Hi Dean. I'm not a computer guru. Learned a lot from forums. Have you tweaked your system musicxp.net and musikbanken.se/gigastudio/thetweak.htm

Chances are there are still a lot of things going in there that need to be disabled. Like drivers, IP stuff, etc. That's what my problem was. Good luck.
    -Rajay
    Last edited by rajay; 08-29-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Incorrect links listed
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well I think it was actually the Giga Piano II Fully Modeled with Convolution I have loaded which requires a P4 2.8 CPU and I have a Pentium 2.1.

I was not familiar with this sample and I can see it uses a lot more CPU than a regular gig file. I had no idea it was so CPU intensive.

Thanks,

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Parker
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Well I think it was actually the Giga Piano II Fully Modeled with Convolution I have loaded which requires a P4 2.8 CPU and I have a Pentium 2.1.

I was not familiar with this sample and I can see it uses a lot more CPU than a regular gig file. I had no idea it was so CPU intensive.

Thanks,

Dean
    Load 5 instances of Gigapulse and the you'll really see how intensive it is.

Go Back to forum