• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Liverpudlian Delight - 4 clarinets

Share/Bookmark

Liverpudlian Delight - 4 clarinets

I just tried to "master" the sound of clarinets. Rendered with "living room ambience" to get that intimate home concert feeling. It is all GPO.

Clarinets Bb - for the two soprano voices
    Clarinet Eb - alto voice
    Bass Clarinet Bb - bass voice

Why the title "Liverpudlian Delight" ? The author of the notation program Mozart helped me with the transcripted score (transcribed from Pepperoni 12) and he comes from Liverpool.

Hope this will caress you precious ears,

Raymond - the new bigger concert is growing steadily. Heavy!!!!

Re: Liverpudlian Delight - 4 clarinets

Hi Raymond,
    Getting me to enjoy a clarinet quartet is quite a feat - we have a couple of quartets at school, who are very good, so we parade them out at almost every concert and function, and by the end of the academic year I'm normally about ready to ram clarinets up their respective players' butts. But you've managed it. I thought this was great.

I did find the outer voices dominated slightly too much, but I'm listening on headphones, so I may be completely out.

Really nice work.

Hello again, Raymond - It's good to see that you didn't make good on your threat to not be posting for a long time. It looks like you're balancing your time well between your big symphonic piece and these smaller works you've been posting.

It's an atmospheric little quartet you have here, the Clarinets twittering solidly as they perform your slightly mysterious sounding composition. I like!

The intimate sound of the reverb I find Very effective!

I have a question about your instrument assignments - Why are the Bb Clarinets playing parts higher than the Eb Clarinet, when they have a lower range? Did you make that choice because of wanting to assign their unique timbre specifically to those higher lines?

Thank you, Raymond, for another glimpse into your remarkable versatility!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    I have a question about your instrument assignments - Why are the Bb Clarinets playing parts higher than the Eb Clarinet, when they have a lower range? Did you make that choice because of wanting to assign their unique timbre specifically to those higher lines?
    No, I didn't choose this. My friend from Liverpool did, because he plays the Bb clarinet. And his wife. It is worth for an experiment to change places... in my next break I will do this, just to explore [not posting].

Randy, thanks.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    and by the end of the academic year I'm normally about ready to ram clarinets up their respective players' butts.
    These samples then aren't included in the library

I did find the outer voices dominated slightly too much, but I'm listening on headphones, so I may be completely out.
    See also Randy's reply. Maybe the choice of instruments is doing this.
    Thank you for your positive contribution.

Raymond

This is cool, Raymond! I like it!

Perhaps you can give the players a not so exactly timing... . Then they will sound more real.

Best

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

With Pingu, I'd generally rather perform unspeakable
    acts with the clarinets when choired than listen to
    them... lol... but Raymond, this is quite an interesting,
    listenable, and rather elegant study. Much enjoyed!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    With Pingu, I'd generally rather perform unspeakable
    acts with the clarinets when choired than listen to
    them... lol... but Raymond, this is quite an interesting,
    listenable, and rather elegant study. Much enjoyed!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thank you. I really must not post so many works.... answering all you kind words consumes a lot of time.... and it is worth doing so, because you are all musical friends ...... [it is just a "living" conservatory, this forum I mean].

Raymond

I have a liking for wind ensemble and found this piece very attractive. It is lyrical and elegant and should persuade anyone that four clarinets is a fine combination!
    Rendalli

I missed this one. I really enjoyed it. I like the sound of the clarinet. It is also a very flexible instrument. Unlike some of the others here, I have not heard too many clarinet quartets. Anyway, I liked this quite a bit.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast