• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO On VISTA and Core Duo Quad

Share/Bookmark

GPO On VISTA and Core Duo Quad

I've got a 2.8 Mgz Intel processor and I don't know if to upgrade to a 3.6 Mgz or to jump directly to a core duo Quad with windows Vista.
    The problem is that I've heard that Vista has a lousy performance and many drives don't exist yet. So I've been recommended to wait one year before jumping to Vista.
    Is there anybody using GPO and Cubase 4 on a system like that? I'd like to have an opinion.

Re: GPO On VISTA and Core Duo Quad

I'm running GPO in Sonar 5 with Vista (32-bit) on a laptop. It runs, but I have had to play with a lot of settings to get it to run properly. Sonar 5 is like Cubase 4--not exactly Vista-friendly, so you will probably need to "run it as an administrator." On the install of GPO, you also will probably need to run the service center as an administrator for it to modify the registration/autorization files properly. Once you get it installed and registered though, it runs fine.

Make sure you have a sound card or audio interface with Vista support.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

I would stay with Windows XP at this point. Performance is better according to most who have tried both platforms including some DAW builders.

I would go for at least a Core 2 Duo or the newer Quad core that's just over $300.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I would stay with Windows XP at this point.
    Yes, I forgot to mention this!! (Thanks Haydn) It might run okay, but it certainly works a little easier and more efficiently on XP, after having tweaked each system, of course.

Go Back to forum