• Register
  • Help

Topic: RichR,rbowser,germancomponist,rolifer & etLux

RichR,rbowser,germancomponist,rolifer & etLux

I want to thank all of you for your suggestion in the listening room regarding my F Sharp minor Cello Sonata.

David I change the pan setting per your recommendation. To the others I also worked on other areas that were suggested. I have posted a revised version on my MySpace and I would greately appreciate it if you gentlemen could listen to the piece again and share your opinions. I also revised the ending.

I did not want to post this in the Listening Room because it would have bumped someone's post to the next page. I appoligize if this is inappropriately posted here.
    Samantha Penigar

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Re: RichR,rbowser,germancomponist,rolifer & etLux

Hi Samantha,

I know my names not on your list but I listened anyway (sue me ).

Really nice, Any performances lined up?

I am not sure what the problem is at my end, but I hear no cello. I am using an Onyx 1640 Mixer with a firewire soundcard built into it. There is definitely stereo channels on this board because the channels are on 2 separate mixer tracks. Everything else I listen to is in stereo, but your piece still only has piano. I had my wife listen last night and she too could only hear piano. (I thought my old Marching band ears and tintinitis was the cause.)

I will play it again on my audio computer but since I can't download the MP3, I will have to hook it up to the internet connection in order to hear your piece. I will let you know if it sounds any different on it.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

when clicking on that Northern Sound link you wont' get that piece.
    YOu have to go to here website (MySpace link) and search for it.

At least I did and found that great cello piece.

I am now listening to this beautiful duet for piano and cello. I must have a problem with the computer that I use for the internet normally. I will have to check it's soundcard out. It is a built-in soundcard and possibly a channel is gone or something.

I will comment on my impressions in the Library Room.

Thanks for alerting us about your new mix, Samantha - I think this was a good way to get our attentions, posting here in GD. I'll go over to the LR after posting this reply.

AND, yaaaaah Rich - good deal that you finally got the full mix to play. - You're saying that you keep your music computer off line, like I do, and that your online machine must have something funky going on in its sound card, right? - Maybe its virtual mixer got thrown out of whack somehow?

But are you saying you had to temporarily hook your music machine up to the internet to get Sam's music--? Why? Do you mean that any copy you could get on your online machine was messed up, with the right channel missing? Otherwise, you could have saved the download on a USB stick or CD, and then played it on the good machine.

And does that mean that you've possibly been listening to music with the right channel missing for a long time--? If so--you've been hearing some pretty bad representations of mixes! --Best of luck figuring that all out.

Randy B.

Yes, Randy I hooked up my Audio computer to get the listening done. It was only a matter of plugging in the router cable and turning on the virus protection. I have it internet ready for downloads and registrations. Makes life easier in that respect.

I could not get an MP3 from Samantha's site to transfer over to my audio because I don't believe that option was available on her site.

I don't know how long I have had this problem with my second computer. I have noticed that MP3's don't sound good on it and maybe the reason is th soundcard or the settings. Thanks to Samatha's mix with the parts separated enough for me to find that I had a problem. When time permits, I will check it out and find the problem. Thanks for you comments.

I'd suggest re-listening to any Black Sabbath you may have heard on this 'bad' soundcard too. They really do have a guitar player
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Go Back to forum