• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics Atmosphere: Program selection problem

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics Atmosphere: Program selection problem

Hi there,

I really would be glad if someone could help me with this (probably newbie) question: Unlike with other virtual instruments I cannot select the patch in my sequencer program. Where other instruments let me select the patch in the 'program' field of the sequencer, in atmosphere there is just a '1 <default>'. Can anybody tell me what I have to do to select the patch? Right now I have to select the patch in the plugin interface every time I start the sequencer which is annoying by the time...

With my best wishes to this community (Its my first post)

Andreas

Re: Spectrasonics Atmosphere: Program selection problem

Andreas,

I use Logic and have never had this particular problem - perhaps if you let the experts know which software platform you use it might improve the answer?

While we have Spectrasonics wiz kids about, may I hijack this post and ask if anyone knows the work around for using Atmosphere when working at 48kHz?
    I've stopped using Atmosphere because it plays back at the wrong pitch....obviously!

Sorry Andreas!!

regards and welcome - someone will know, you'll see!

Barrie

Hi Andreas,

The answer to your question is: No, it is not possible to select Atmosphere programs in your sequencer. Simple explanation for this is: There are so many programs to select from which makes it impossible to do it that way.

What you CAN do is save your favourite presets, you work with Cubase right?!, by clicking the disk button in the Atmosphere plug-in window. In that way you have'm quicker at your disposal...

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    Andreas,

While we have Spectrasonics wiz kids about, may I hijack this post and ask if anyone knows the work around for using Atmosphere when working at 48kHz?
    I've stopped using Atmosphere because it plays back at the wrong pitch....obviously!

Barrie
    Barrie,

I don't mean to hijack Andreas' post (I use the Atmosphere UI in Sonar to select presets and change programs, because I have much more control, and it's really not so difficult).

Your statement about 48K is really quite shocking, as you would expect someone to have tested this?

I wonder if this is a limitation of Atmosphere or of the Ultimate Sound Bank core (UVI engine)?

Make sure you are using the latest version of Atmosphere. The 48k bug was solved a long time ago.

Many apologies to Eric for leaving the 48kHz question hanging in the air there. I figured there was a fix but at the time I couldn't put my hand on the original Atmosphere box, and the serial number is required to get support from Spectrasonics.
    Needless to say I eventually found the box, got on the site and downloaded the upgrade. I should have posted that fact, but this thread seemed to have gone dead, and I got kinda busy.
    It's good to have Atmosphere back!

regards

Barrie

Go Back to forum