• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere & Trilogy On Intel Macs

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere & Trilogy On Intel Macs

Having recently upgraded to Intel Mac I was dismayed to discover that Amos & Trilogy were not compatable. Ok , not really very good, but new versions coming, ok, fair enough.
    Mach5v2 comes along with THE best and most convenient work around. It can open the .dat files into large multis. Brilliant. Unfortunately I find this out retrospectively.
    In a matter of days MOTU have an 'update' 2.01 shipping on all new disks which 'fixes' the ability to open the .dat files.
    Now users who've forked out 100's of dollars for Spectrasonics products are once again stymied and cannot use property that they legally own.
    THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    I would have thought Spectrasonics would be bending over backwards to placate their already fuming user base?

Come on Eric, give us a break man. We only want a convenient temporary workaround. What can possibly be your defence?

Jim Croft
    Sound Designer
    Eurocom Entertainment Software
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Re: Atmosphere & Trilogy On Intel Macs

One simple thing that so many forget to do... Check the info before buying new kit.

You can't blame someone else for not checking the Spectrasonics website or even the box in which Atmosphere and Trilogy came in.

Yes it is a bit late that the updates are coming, but always check first...

I did before I even bought my Mac. That is why I made sure I got a PPC G5 Quad. Some Native Instruments powered libraries are not Intel Mac compatible either.

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

I believe that the Muse Receptor would also be a work around, ( I say believe as I know very little about this piece of kit)

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

True, its always good to check compadibility, But I also must say the updates have been a very very long wait.
    www.energiestudios.com

I am sure Eric has his reasons

When there is something to be known he will tell us!

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    I am sure Eric has his reasons

When there is something to be known he will tell us!

Eric seems like a great guy I am sure, But Spectrosonics is a secretive company, very little to no info is given often times, and not much promised dates, (except now I see fall, which is cool), which I can understand in some extent. I am sure there are obvious reasons, but I can't imagine the frustration if moving to an intel setup, and I symphathise with those who can't use thier tools, no matter how it is spun. And I sympathise with devolpers who had to completly re-invent their own product of course, just sometimes gets frustrating.

I still had OS 9 disc's for the Trilogy instrument I got, and had the download update thing, OS 9 was way over and the product installation was not updated. Just slightly strange. Great products though.
    www.energiestudios.com

Yes I never had any argument with the quality of the product, nor that there ARE some workarounds already - albeit fiddly. My main beef is the fact that an elegant solution became available (ie. Mach5v2) and the company closed the loophole quicker than you could say "Spectrasonics!!"
    It just seems to me to be extremely uncharitable behaviour towards an already enbittered user base (for the very reasons pointed out by myself and others here).
    -----------------
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    I believe that the Muse Receptor would also be a work around, ( I say believe as I know very little about this piece of kit)

Simon
    Well yes Simon, but do you know how much that piece of kit costs! Not very practical for a temp workaround unfortunately
    -----------------
    9 Gig RAM

I agree with you, but it is the only workaround that I know.

Sorry not to be able to help more

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

Go Back to forum