• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need Help!

Smile Need Help!

hi every1!
    i'm upgrading my studio and m confused about which preamp to buy,i'll b using it with rode k2,m using apogee rosetta 800...m willing to spend well cuz i was thinking about avalon ad2022? plz do reply and wut do you think about the mic,should i change it too..thanx in anticipation

thnx alot

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    What are you going to be micing? That choice should determine the mic. As far as preamps - Avalon, Grace Designs, Focusrite, AMEK, and a host of others. Depends on the type of pre-ing you need and whether or not you need eq and/or comp builtin. Do you need digital outs from the pre? Again - the type of material and desired warmth determines the type and manuf. of the preamp in a choice.

For a killer barebones preamp with incredible sound check out Rupert Neve's new stuff. If you need the tube warmth then Avalon tube pres are the way to go.

As far as mics - the Rode stuff is great - also check out Neuman if you doing acoustic work and others are Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Marshall, AKG, Telefunken, Royer -

well i'll be using it for vocals and guitars mainly...i'll be hooking preamp to rosetta 800.well cuz rode k2 is a tube mic and som1 told me not to use a tube pre wid it...is tht true?and do i need to change my mic??thnx alot for ur reply!

Decatur Illinois

Re: Need Help!

You might also check out the Vintech pres as an alternative to an actual Neve.

Go Back to forum