• Register
  • Help

Topic: Emerald Updates question

Share/Bookmark

Emerald Updates question

I am just re-installing Emerald here and have some updates questions.

I have some update files saved that were obtained in the past, but I do not now see on the Kirk Hunter website. I am wondering why I had these updates to begin with and why they are not on the site now. Not sure whether I should try to install them or not. If I should, I'm not sure where to place them. I could not, for example, find a dir called 4VnDetNV anywhere under Emerald:

These are the update files I previously downloaded from the KSHO website:

4VnDetNV.zip
    ChamberBasses.zip
    ChamberCellos.zip
    ChamberVioloas.zip
    ChamberViolins.zip
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Re: Emerald Updates question

On the same note, I'm organizing the VSPro updates I have downloaded since that started shipping, and I currently have two files saved, that used to be on Kirk's site, but apparantly are not there now. I'm not sure what to do with this either:

VSProFix01.zip (500MB)
    VSProUpdateVerb.zip (21MB)
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

I'll admit, this is one element of Mr. Hunter's libs that has me a bit nervous about buying - chaotic, inconsistent updating. As soon as a new library is released, some old fixes become irrelevant, some remain important but are updated for the new library, etc.

Many KH update threads I'd saved in the past are now only partially applicable, and such. It does get very confusing, and I share your confusion, though I do not share your ownership of the library.

-Tom

It is a little rough around the edges in that regard, but for whatever its worth, Kirk has already responded to me directly and resolved all of my questions and concerns. The reality is that Kirk Hunter Studios is a small operation that is doing a lot of ingenius stuff to bring out a very very capable orchestral sample library at an unprecedented low price. As such, things like documentation, installers, etc...may lack some of the polish of the other more expensive libraries. Kirk's time is much better spent making the samples and programming be all that they can be. He has saved us all money by not hiring on a lot of extra personnel to develop more polished documentation and other materials.

However, in the end, the quality of the library is outstanding and the price is something that I can afford(I can't afford VSL or EWQL, etc). The only drawback is that you have to sometimes work through a few things like this from time to time, but Kirk is always willing to help get you sorted out, I have observed.

Go Back to forum